New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

2 minor problems - expose hot keys and how to reboot

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

southside

Hi,
Expose Hot Keys - the ones that work by default did not seem to work... instead, one of the keys modifies the screeen brightness... I was able to change the Hot Keys to other ones via the system settings - and that works fine... just wondering why the originally programmed ones do not seem to work...

After loading a lot of new software, I wanted to reboot single user mode and run fsck to check the file system integrity... Need to hold down the "command s" keys to do this... What is the command key? Also, when do you start holding down the key sequence? or do you just hit it once during the reboot and the system will see it... wasn't able to do it but wasn't sure if I was holding the command key (was using the Apple Key as the command key)...

thanks for assistance!,
SouthSide
QUOTE Thanks
PowerbookG417

the command key is the apple key..your right...holdin down that and s i think should work..continue to hold it down during the start up when you see the grey screen and it should boot up for yah
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Beeping? | Powerbook will not turn on from ps... »