New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - I lost the remote to my macbook

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Itbepopples

Itbepopples is on a distinguished road

hey folks,

my car was impounded not too long ago and it seems like the guys figured it was an ipod or something and jacked it. anyway, is there a way i can replace it? thanks in advance
QUOTE Thanks
RNDdave

RNDdave is a jewel in the roughRNDdave is a jewel in the roughRNDdave is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Alu MacBook | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | iPad2 (3G)

You often see them on eBay (well eBay UK seems to have a few).

The Apple US site sells them new clicky not sure if the url I've left for you will be session based - if so you won't be able to follow the link - but try it anyway. I just typed remote in the Apple Store - it was about the 5th product in the results list and costs $29.
QUOTE Thanks
walkerj

walkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nice
Mac Specs: 13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive

I saw one the other day at Circuit City not too long ago. Was about $50 or so. Guess they have some markup with that. Think I'll try not to lose mine , but stuff happens.
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

Yep, RNDdave, your right, the link is session based....

Apple Remote Control

This is from the ozzie eBay site ^^^

That item doesn't look like it ships outside of Aust but you could probably ask the seller about that.
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

i don't think i've ever used mine.

i guess it could be stolen too, for all i know!

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
Mactime

Mactime is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: White MacBook, Intel Core 2 Duo

me too mine is still sitting in the white box my new mac came in, never touched it, i dont even know if it works
QUOTE Thanks
Reel1

Reel1 is a jewel in the roughReel1 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac

Just like the others, I have not used mine stored safely in the box
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Yep, Apple sells them individually to buy for your Universal Dock & iPod.
QUOTE Thanks
RNDdave

RNDdave is a jewel in the roughRNDdave is a jewel in the roughRNDdave is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Alu MacBook | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | iPad2 (3G)

I've used mine quite a few times in these first few days of ownership - it works super with front row - handy for moving a bit faster through some of the 'embarrassing' shots. It's also quicker to use when listening to music in the background - to skip or control volume.
QUOTE Thanks
moss918

moss918 is just really nicemoss918 is just really nicemoss918 is just really nicemoss918 is just really nicemoss918 is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 2.93C2D 4GB

My case has a small case for the remote that attaches to it which looks pretty cool and means I don't lose it, but I also haven't used it much - nice for showing photo slideshows etc.
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

I'm sure that I could send my iMac to snoozeland when I first tried my remote, but now it doesn't seem to work - or I've forgotten how to bring it on...
QUOTE Thanks
moss918

moss918 is just really nicemoss918 is just really nicemoss918 is just really nicemoss918 is just really nicemoss918 is just really nice

Hold play/pause.
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

That's it! Ta moss918!! I use it with iTV also and get a bit confused with what controls what sometimes....lol
QUOTE Thanks
moss918

It's easily done, no problem!
QUOTE Thanks
karudzo

karudzo has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM

Ebay is the cheapest.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« No Drive activity LED's on Macbook | Cant Install MAC OS X 10.4.6 »