The Giver
    640 MB, 1 ghz, 60 HD
    What does this mean on my computer if I have those specs? It doesn't make it necessarily faster?

Specs:
    2.0ghz 15" Core Duo MBP
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giver
    What does this mean on my computer if I have those specs? It doesn't make it necessarily faster?

Well.. is safe to assume that:

640mb is the amount of SDRAM or DDR memory you have installed <not bad at all... sufficient to do most things>

1 ghz is the speed if your processor... you didnt' specify if it was a g4 or g5... i'm guessing one of the two. I'm knew to the world of mac computing, but 1ghz is great .

60<gb> harddrive... Well that's self explanatory. Man... if that's your machine, I can't say I'm not jealous. A setup like that would be really nice to have ..

lzasitko
    for what it's worth
    Quote Originally Posted by mpeters13
    Well.. is safe to assume that:

640mb is the amount of SDRAM or DDR memory you have installed <not bad at all... sufficient to do most things>

1 ghz is the speed if your processor... you didnt' specify if it was a g4 or g5... i'm guessing one of the two. I'm knew to the world of mac computing, but 1ghz is great .

60<gb> harddrive... Well that's self explanatory. Man... if that's your machine, I can't say I'm not jealous. A setup like that would be really nice to have ..
    For what it's worth there are no g5 portables (at least not yet ) so it's a g3 1ghz ibook with a 14" screen. The only other 1ghz is a Powerbood with or without a superdrive with a 12" screen.

I agree that it would be nice to have in any case

Larry

Specs:
    Pwnt
    You mean G4 1GHZ iBook?
    I'm in your forums, writing sentences in a grammatically acceptable manner.

Chamorro
    Quote Originally Posted by lzasitko
    so it's a g3 1ghz ibook with a 14" screen. The only other 1ghz is a Powerbook with a 12" screen.
    I don't think the G3 iBooks ever came w/ 1gHz processors. There have been 1 gHz G4 Powerbooks w/ 15" and 17" screens as well.

If the computer has a white plastic case, it's a 1gHz iBook G4 and it's basically maxed-out. If it has a metal case, it's a Powerbook, and it's still got more room to grow.

lzasitko
    stand corrected
    Quote Originally Posted by Chamorro
    I don't think the G3 iBooks ever came w/ 1gHz processors. There have been 1 gHz G4 Powerbooks w/ 15" and 17" screens as well.

If the computer has a white plastic case, it's a 1gHz iBook G4 and it's basically maxed-out. If it has a metal case, it's a Powerbook, and it's still got more room to grow.
    You are right, just had another look at the sheet and it is a g4, not g3 iBook

Larry

Thread Information