New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - Please help..quick question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kilo15

kilo15 will become famous soon enough

Sorry to bother you, but I am a little worried I might have hurt my macbook. I was about to import a CD and had the macbook on my lap. My mother called for me so I moved the macbook from my lap to my night table and a buzzing sound came from the drive. At this point the copying process stopped and it did not want to cancel out. The cd did not want to eject either. I had to hold down the power till it shutdown the hard way and then I held the eject button when I started it. I got a blank screen for a bit then the disk popped out.

Did I damage my baby in any way?

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
todd51

Does your Macbook boot up properly now that you have the CD out? It could have just been a really cheap CD. I noticed that some CDs in my MBP are really touchy when I move the machine around, you can notice differences in noise levels.

As long as your Macbook is still working fine I don't think you have anything to worry about
QUOTE Thanks
rift0065

rift0065 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 2.16 Ghz C2D, 2 Gigs RAM and Macbook 2 Ghz CD 1 Gig RAM

Yeah, mine does this too.. just don't move it around too much with a CD in the drive. It has never caused any problems but might screw up a burn process.
QUOTE Thanks
kilo15

kilo15 will become famous soon enough

Thanks guys. Everything is as it should be. I just thought I might have broken something.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 1GB upgrade... will this one work? | MacBook Black Sharp edges ? »