Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camcorder

Specs:
    Black Macbook Intel 2GHZ CD, 2GB RAM
    Camcorder
    Since I got my iBook I have wanted to do some digital vido on it and havent done it yet. I found a prettty good deal on Ebay and was wandering if I should get it and would it work with my iBook. The camera is a Canon ZR60 MiniDV. Would this work with my iBook and iMovie?

Thanks in advance.

Nick

Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    Yes. I started to buy one, but I purchase the Canon Optura 20 instead.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by rman
    Yes. I started to buy one, but I purchase the Canon Optura 20 instead.
    Well I wont be getting that one now because when I showed it to my mom she said why dont I just spend the $200 extra and get a new one with a longer warranty. Since she is going to be buying it that is what I am going to do. Does anyone have any suggestions on which camcorder to get? I can spend around $500.

Thanks

Nick

Specs:
    12" 1.33 GHz PowerBook w/SuperDrive, 60GB HDD, 1.25G RAM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmachine
    Well I wont be getting that one now because when I showed it to my mom she said why dont I just spend the $200 extra and get a new one with a longer warranty. Since she is going to be buying it that is what I am going to do. Does anyone have any suggestions on which camcorder to get? I can spend around $500.

Thanks

Nick

My friend who's into filming a lot is using both a Sony VX1000 and VX2000, but they are very expensive models, but he has recommended to me lower end sony DV models such as the TRV series, i think they go from 16,19,22, and 33. I've got the TRV22, thats has the most features and a good price too. The 33 is the next model up but all you get extra is the ability to record in a widescreen 16.9 format, and the models before the 22 dont have a memory stick function. I havent used this camcorder for apple yet since i'm about to make the switch, but i have used it with windoze, and it works okay with a decent program, but my mate said imovie is such a brilliant piece of software, and that firewire transfer is really good, plus the rendering rate is lower than windoze, this is one of the main reason i'm switching to apple,

I can recommend Sony TRV22, i've had no problems at all, easy to use, excellent picture quality, and a small enough size too.

KLank
    Quote Originally Posted by citystar2k
    I've got the TRV22, thats has the most features and a good price too. The 33 is the next model up but all you get extra is the ability to record in a widescreen 16.9 format, and the models before the 22 dont have a memory stick function. I havent used this camcorder for apple yet since i'm about to make the switch, but i have used it with windoze, and it works okay with a decent program, but my mate said imovie is such a brilliant piece of software, and that firewire transfer is really good, plus the rendering rate is lower than windoze, this is one of the main reason i'm switching to apple,

I can recommend Sony TRV22, i've had no problems at all, easy to use, excellent picture quality, and a small enough size too.
    I also have the Sony TRV22 and would recommend it. I also don't have a MAC yet, but am saving up for a 12" PowerBook that I plan on using the camera with. One of the reasons that I am looking to switch to MAC's from PC's is based on information from MAC owners that say the editing is much easier & quicker with the MAC. Also, one of the MAC people uses the Sony TRV22 with his MAC, so yes they work.

Ken

Specs:
    Macbook Pro, Mabook Air, Ipad Mini Retina, Ipad Air2, Airport Time Capsule, 2x Iphone 6
    I just bought a Canon Elura. It work perfectly with the ibook. I am pretty sure all Canons are designed to be compatible with Macs.

Specs:
    I am going to Best Buy tonight to look at what they have and then I will let everyone know what I got. I will try to post some stuff I record on my .Mac account and then post a link here so everyone can see.

Nick

Specs:
    I went to Best Buy on Friday and picked up a Sony DCR-HC30. It is so sweet. Its nice and small and hardly weighs anything. I got it for a good price too. I had a digital camera from there that had a replacement warranty and they gave me the $150 from that and the warranty towards the Sony. I also had around $100 in gift certificates so I ended up paying $500 cash for the camcorder,bag,extra battery,and tapes. The camcorder alone is $599, so I got a good deal. I would reccomend this to anyone. Now I just need to get a external DVD burner. I dont even know if they make them but would they work with my iBook.

Specs:
    1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
    Quote Originally Posted by KLank
    I also have the Sony TRV22 and would recommend it. I also don't have a MAC yet, but am saving up for a 12" PowerBook that I plan on using the camera with. One of the reasons that I am looking to switch to MAC's from PC's is based on information from MAC owners that say the editing is much easier & quicker with the MAC. Also, one of the MAC people uses the Sony TRV22 with his MAC, so yes they work.

Ken
    Hi there, welcome to Mac-Forums. Sorry, I just have to point out one of my pet peeves, it's an Apple Mac, Mac, not MAC, sorry.

And yes, they do make external DVD burners.

:cool:

Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by sKaD
    Hi there, welcome to Mac-Forums. Sorry, I just have to point out one of my pet peeves, it's an Apple Mac, Mac, not MAC, sorry.

:cool:
    I know what you mean. Every time I see MAC. I think of MAC addresses, which is unique to every computer.

Specs:

If I got an external DVD burner would it work with iDVD? How would I check this other than buying it to see if it would work?

Specs:
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by dmachine

If I got an external DVD burner would it work with iDVD? How would I check this other than buying it to see if it would work?
    iDVD does not support external burners at this time. There is a hack out there that suppose to get iDVD to work with external burners. I just have not be able to get it to work.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by rman
    iDVD does not support external burners at this time. There is a hack out there that suppose to get iDVD to work with external burners. I just have not be able to get it to work.

So i am pretty much screwed on burning DVD's right now?

Specs:
    Cool
    dmachine you are not screwed. I use iMovie and Toast 6 to create DVDs. I don't get some of the stuff that is in iDVD, but I can burn to the external burner with Toast. I am trying to get the iDVD data in a format that I can burn with Toast.

KLank
    Quote Originally Posted by sKaD
    Thanks for the welcome. I will be more carefull when using MAC vs. Mac Hopefully with in the next couple of days I will be the owner of a shiny new 12" Powerbook. And then maybe I'll understand! I am still trying to deceide if I want to set the SuperDrive or not. I have a DVD burner now that will do both +/- DVD R/RW's and was just going to throw it into an external case.

Ken

Thread Information