Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My terrible Mac Book: Let me count the ways
    In the past 12 hours this overrated piece of garbage has:

1) Magically barfed away my ITunes library. Poof. It's gone. No rhyme or reason. All it took was my clicking on the ITunes icon to start the program and my playlists and podcats disappeared into the ether.

2) Waged war on Safari, causing it to crash every time it attempted to open. Granted, the only reason I was back on that overwrought, plodding garbageware is because the MacBook apparently dislikes FireFox as well.

3) Attached two PDFs at mid-email so that the recipients received a garbled mess for the 2nd part of the email. Of course, this email was only the most important email I've written to my bosses and will factor tremendously upon my career. Lovely. Again, the only reason I was using Mail was because the MacBook doesn't like to play nice with Thunderbird either.

Suffice it to say that I am done with the Apple experience. You folks are clearly delusional if these are the hallmarks of "The Most Advanced OS in the World." I should have known better and gone with a basic T-series IBM or equivalent and a bedrock Linux distro. I can't wait to read the litany of rationalizations for the experiences above. Let the denial begin!

Specs:
    15" Powerbook G4 24" iMac iPhone 3Gs
    Just curious, why'd you get a Mac?
    I try to Command+Shift+/ when I can.
    They're - Their - There | Two - Too - To | You're - Your | MAC - Mac
    I was on the M-F honor roll for October, 2006.

I was curious, especially once Apple switched to the Intel platform. I figured fancy bells and whistles around a solid IX core should make for a productive and fulfilling experience. It has been anything but productive and fulfilling. I was also enamored with the screen.

Specs:
    MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalcubano View Post
    I should have known better and gone with a basic T-series IBM or equivalent and a bedrock Linux distro.
    Yes, you're probably right.

Interesting
    Has anyone else experienced these occurrances?

Specs:
    Nope, I've been a very happy Mac user for almost 9 years now.

Just curious again, but why would you pay <$1000 for something you were curious about?

Specs:
    2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac
    No not yet anyway. I think I should back up my iTune library right now.

Quote Originally Posted by surfwax95 View Post
    Nope, I've been a very happy Mac user for almost 9 years now.

Just curious again, but why would you pay <$1000 for something you were curious about?
    Um, because I needed a new laptop.

Have you always been an Apple user? What kind of car do you drive these days? Is it from the same manufacturer as every other car you've owned? Do you eat the same brand of foods every day? Do you dine at the same restaurants?

Let me guess: you buy computers as accessories for your wardrobes.

Specs:
    White MacBook, 2.0 ghz Intel Core 2, 2GB ram||[G4 Imac Flat Panel] |800mhz|1Gb RAM|60gb HDD
    In the past 12 hours this overrated piece of garbage has:

1) Magically barfed away my ITunes library. Poof. It's gone. No rhyme or reason. All it took was my clicking on the ITunes icon to start the program and my playlists and podcats disappeared into the ether.

2) Waged war on Safari, causing it to crash every time it attempted to open. Granted, the only reason I was back on that overwrought, plodding garbageware is because the MacBook apparently dislikes FireFox as well.

3) Attached two PDFs at mid-email so that the recipients received a garbled mess for the 2nd part of the email. Of course, this email was only the most important email I've written to my bosses and will factor tremendously upon my career. Lovely. Again, the only reason I was using Mail was because the MacBook doesn't like to play nice with Thunderbird either.

Suffice it to say that I am done with the Apple experience. You folks are clearly delusional if these are the hallmarks of "The Most Advanced OS in the World." I should have known better and gone with a basic T-series IBM or equivalent and a bedrock Linux distro. I can't wait to read the litany of rationalizations for the experiences above. Let the denial begin!
    That has not been my experience with mac. If I had an experience similar to yours I would be really frustrated too. But it really isn't characteristic of Mac software or hardware.

I would erase and do a fresh install and if that doesn't fix the issue I would return it to where I bought it from or call apple support because something isn't right with that mac and the problem needs to be corrected.
    White MacBook, 2.0 ghz Intel Core 2, 2GB ram||[G4 iMac Flat Panel] |800mhz|1Gb RAM|60gb HDD|Combo Drive http://jonnyfive.tumblr.com/

Specs:
    MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
    Please don't feed the trolls.

Specs:
    Macbook Pro, Mabook Air, Ipad Mini Retina, Ipad Air2, Airport Time Capsule, 2x Iphone 6
    I hate to say it, but I had an ibook a few years ago that trashed my iphoto library for no rhyme or reason, and I have had major problems with safari crashing on my last ibook.

Specs:
    Um, because I needed a new laptop.

Have you always been an Apple user? What kind of car do you drive these days? Is it from the same manufacturer as every other car you've owned? Do you eat the same brand of foods every day? Do you dine at the same restaurants?

Let me guess: you buy computers as accessories for your wardrobes.
    Cazabam, you're probably right, but for argument's sake:

I started out on Windows '95. I hated it and loved my friend's iMac G3. Ended up getting a Powerbook and loving it.

I drive a Mazda Miata, used to drive a Nissan 240sx. Before that a Mitsubishi 3000GT, and before that a Honda Accord.

Subway constitutes a lot of my diet, but lately it's been a lot of fish. Like last night, I made Mahi-Mahi on the grill with broccoli on the side.

Like I said, I eat a lot of Subway, but love Red Lobster and a few small Italian joints.

You guess wrong. I buy whatever computer fits my needs the best. Plus, I don't really have a wardrobe. I own, maybe, 4 shirts, 2 pair of pants, and a jacket.

Usually, when I find something I don't like I quickly discard it and try to find something that works better. I've been using Macs for 9 years, gather from that what you will.

Specs:
    Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
    Hmm... not all computers are perfect right out of the box, that includes Macs. Sometimes you get a lemon and you just have to be patient.

My .02 cents

Specs:
    MacBook 13'' 2ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 gig of ram, 6x Superdrive
    Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by mantic View Post
    Has anyone else experienced these occurrances?
    Nope, I got my MacBook back in December, and have had no trouble w/it

Specs:
    Mac Mini, iPad Air 2, iPhone 7+, Apple TV 4th Gen, Apple Watch (38mm Link Bracelet)

Apple is the only person who claims OS X is the most advanced OS in the world. And suggesting that Apple is a business-running company, not an art club, they would probably do what you call... marketing.

And sure, I'm dilusional, why not.
    If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System by hitting the icon on the left.

Thread Information