New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - Graphic Card

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

hiohokaybye

Does anyone know if you can buy a NVidia Graphic Card or an ATI Radeon X1600 Graphic Card for my Macbook 13' intel Core 2 Duo w/ 2gb of ram?? Thanks for whoever answer!
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

I don't think you can upgrade the graphic card on any laptop. I believe it is part of the main board.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
hiohokaybye

so ure saying it's impassible to play some good game on mac...?? :-(
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

The graphics card is integrated into the logic board, there is no way to upgrade it

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
hiohokaybye

than guess i have to get a new mac than...
QUOTE Thanks
SpindleX

SpindleX is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac Alum 20'' 2.4GHz | iMac G4 | iPod Silver Nano 2GB

I would't suggest 'gaming' on a Laptop.
QUOTE Thanks
hiohokaybye

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpindleX View Post
I would't suggest 'gaming' on a Laptop.
y not does it slows it down o something??
QUOTE Thanks
Stretch

Stretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD

Laptops aren't very effiecent when it comes to gaming. They aren't as powerful as a desktop. Which is why good gameing laptops costs 3x-4x as much as a good gaming desktop.

Blog and Photo Gallery: http://philolin.me/

Currently running OS X 10.10
QUOTE Thanks
walmartconnect

walmartconnect is a jewel in the roughwalmartconnect is a jewel in the roughwalmartconnect is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.

What he said.

In general it is not economical to put all of your resources into a "Gaming Laptop", it's just not practical. You could spend nearly five thousand dollars on a top of the line gaming laptop, but what have you really spent the money on? Certainly not the raw power, but more along the lines of the compression of the hardware so that it can fit into a small chassis.

So first, you've spent the extra for that micro (but "l33t") video card even though a more powerful one exists for cheaper for the regular sized PC market.
Second, you are extremely limited to substantial hardware upgrading. To do any type of significant (referring to processor or gpu) upgrading, you generally need to purchase an entire new machine
QUOTE Thanks
hiohokaybye

thanks if you werent here i would prbably had distory my macbook already
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Who has taken their MacBook Pro in for service for the high-pitched buzzing sound? | Random Numlock and Keyboard problems »