New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - So I've heard the speakers leave much to be desired...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

iSebastianGrey

iSebastianGrey has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 13.3" MacBook Intel Core Duo 2GHz, 60GB HD, 512MB DDR2, and the SuperDrive.

On those dandy little Macbooks. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what kind of speakers I should purchase to complement my 'soon to be arriving' computer?

Everything popular is wrong.

~Oscar Wilde
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

The sound quality is fine, the volume even maxed out is not that loud (to the point where I can't watch a movie if there is any other noise in the room) so I just plug in a good pair of cans to listen to stuff

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
EDIT-XTREEM

EDIT-XTREEM has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSebastianGrey View Post
On those dandy little Macbooks. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what kind of speakers I should purchase to complement my 'soon to be arriving' computer?
I would just get a cheap pair of speakers at your local best buy or curcuit city. The speakers on the macbook are very quiet so, just as trpnmonkey41 said, if there is any noise, you just cant hear. Congrats on you purchase!!

Mac Pro (Early 2009) 8 Core 2.26 GHz, 6 GB Ram, 640 GB Drive. Dell 2408WFP.
QUOTE Thanks
iSebastianGrey

Mac Specs: 13.3" MacBook Intel Core Duo 2GHz, 60GB HD, 512MB DDR2, and the SuperDrive.

I do have some old crap speakers from my old desktop PC. Those would likely work well enough, I suppose.

Thanks for the suggestions!

I wonder if I can get some Bluetooth speakers. I'm sure I can find a reasonbly priced system...

~Oscar Wilde
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

i've got a set of these from creative:

http://www.creative.com/products/pro...&product=10796

they're very nice for their size, and you can either power them by usb or by a separate battery pack, or by a/c (a/c adapter not included).

edit: btw, you can stand them up on the side or clip them on the laptop screen, their pretty versatile.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks

12991 is on a distinguished road

Yea the volume is low... but in a quiet environment theyre great. Also, I love the optical audio port. Allows me to connect my logitech z5450... I love my macbook!
QUOTE Thanks
iSebastianGrey

Eric: Now that's a portable solution I think I can live with. Looking at some of the Bluetooth speakers wasn't exactly encouraging.

~Oscar Wilde
QUOTE Thanks
rift0065

rift0065 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 2.16 Ghz C2D, 2 Gigs RAM and Macbook 2 Ghz CD 1 Gig RAM

optical port? Where is the optical port? My MacBook has only standard 3.5 mm plugs.
QUOTE Thanks
Noxian

Noxian is a jewel in the roughNoxian is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by rift0065 View Post
optical port? Where is the optical port? My MacBook has only standard 3.5 mm plugs.
it is the same port as your 3.5mm head phone jack.
QUOTE Thanks

12991 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rift0065 View Post
you need an optical audio mini plug to optical audio. Get it from monoprice.com. its by far the best. I dont work for them, but i will buy from them forever. Theyre superb quality, most of em atleast, and ridiculously cheap. The optical audio is awesome. The 3.5mm plug would distort if i twisted it, touched it, or even breathed on it. The optical audio cable which is just 5 bucks or something (12 feet too!) is soooo worth it. My 3.5mm cable was like 2 bucks, so i dont mind tossing it
QUOTE Thanks
quackbook

quackbook is an unknown at this point

how do the harmon kardon soundsticks II sound on the macbook? same volume level or is it boosted by external speakers?
QUOTE Thanks
iSebastianGrey

After having some experience with it now, they don't seem to be so bad. The quality is great. The volume's a bit low, but I don't have to contend with too many loud noises. And I'm probably just going to use headphones when in public. I appreciate the posts!

~Oscar Wilde
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« G4 Titanium continually reboots??? HELP!! | Not sleeping when shut »