New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus ē Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts ē Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

battery life

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

PC HATER

Just wondering how is the battery life on the new powerbooks, weather it is close to the ibooks
QUOTE Thanks
varpunk

The battery life is a little less than the ibook g4's on the apple site it says the 12" ibook g4 is 6 hours and the 12" powerbook is 5 hours
QUOTE Thanks
Zenistar

Zenistar is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.16 MBP, 2GB, 7200 100GB disk | Dual 2Ghz G5, 1.5Gb RAM, 20" cinema | 15" 1.25 PB / 4Gb iPod Nano

Quote:
Originally Posted by varpunk
The battery life is a little less than the ibook g4's on the apple site it says the 12" ibook g4 is 6 hours and the 12" powerbook is 5 hours
Ive never really tested the battery life of the G4 15" I have though I know that I can happily sit on the train for 3 hours working between Word, BBedit and PDF's in preview with no battery issues. On Friday night I left the train at around 20.30 and put the powerbook into sleep mode thinking I would use it when I got home. I ended up going straight to bed and woke the laptop at 2pm the next day to find it still had an hour of battery power left. There is no way that would of happened with my old Dell.
QUOTE Thanks
lugee

Canít really say as I seem to get different amounts of time after each charge. Iíve had short as 3 hours from it before to high as 4.5 hours but never 5 hours. Think it depends of what your doing when using it!
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Battery usage does depend on what you are doing. If you are watching a DVD movie you will get a little more than two hours in most cases. If you are just editing a text files, you get a lot more.

Your power settings will also affect your battery life.
QUOTE Thanks
PC HATER

thats fine batterly life is not that much of an issue
QUOTE Thanks
chris041067

I have never gotten anything over 4 hours of use, with the screen set to the lowest brightness, the hard drive set to sleep when possible, and no disks in the drive. I would definately suggest getting a second battery, or even a car/plane adapter if you travel alot.
QUOTE Thanks
TylerMoney

depending on what I'm doing with my 12" pb...it could be anywhere from 2.5-4.5 hrs. I've never gotten six...or even five....though it's still fairly decent battery life. If I'm running heavy programs..it's more like 2.5...if I'm just using iChat and surfing the net...or just using word or apple works...it's more like 3.5-4.5
QUOTE Thanks
adam80

I typically get about 3.5 out of mine with just doing normal tasks (email, web surfing, etc...) I have never gotten much more than that. I have a 12" powerbook, 1ghz model.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« First post: Power issue | Beeping? »