New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Utilities Folder... *poof*

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mpeters13

mpeters13 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 2.0ghz 15" Core Duo MBP

I was installing MyTvX, in a desperate attempt to get a USB TV device to work. Upon installation, the utlities folder was entirely replaced instead of appended to... It's just gone... poof... I've lost terminal, activity monitor... all of it...

Is there any other way of getting these utilties back without re-installing panther?

Thanks...

-MAtt
QUOTE Thanks
Chamorro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpeters13
I was installing MyTvX, in a desperate attempt to get a USB TV device to work. Upon installation, the utlities folder was entirely replaced instead of appended to... It's just gone... poof... I've lost terminal, activity monitor... all of it...

Is there any other way of getting these utilties back without re-installing panther?

Thanks...

-MAtt
Follow this link, look under "Panther Edition" and "Appendix A". Download Pacifist. It'll let you install specific folders/packages from your OS X disc.
QUOTE Thanks
mpeters13

mpeters13 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 2.0ghz 15" Core Duo MBP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamorro
Follow this link, look under "Panther Edition" and "Appendix A". Download Pacifist. It'll let you install specific folders/packages from your OS X disc.
Thanks for your help. I still feel really stupid for making such a stupid mistake. I won't let it happen again .
QUOTE Thanks
Chamorro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpeters13
Thanks for your help. I still feel really stupid for making such a stupid mistake. I won't let it happen again .
Happens to the best of us :cool:
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« PowerBook for OS X with SCSI port | its ALL GOOOOOD »