New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

PowerBook for OS X with SCSI port

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

cbgjr

I am interested in a PowerBook which will run OS X - and - has a SCSI port.

Are there any PowerBooks that satisfy both those criteria?

If so, what are they.

Thanks

Randy
QUOTE Thanks
PowerbookG417

your probably not going to find this at all..first of all any powerbook that can find that has a scsi card in it will probably not be able to run os x and none of the new powerbooks have that port type anymore. the only think i can think of is if you can find an adapter or a pcmcia card that is scsi if they have any of thos.
Do a search on google for it..
cheers
QUOTE Thanks
.emo.

.hes right you wont find a pwrbk with a scsi port. if you do buy a pcmcia scsi adapter the transfer speed will be reduced to the transfer speed of pcmcia. cause even though the periperal is scsi interface its entering the computer through the PCMCIA i learned this the hard way with me buying a external SCSI HD and a card and i was pissed
QUOTE Thanks
Chamorro

I'd recommend a FireWire-SCSI adaptor.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Buyers Beware Of Old Scam From New Country | Utilities Folder... *poof* »