New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - dead pixel ?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

chrissbook

chrissbook is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 2Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

ive had my macbook for about 2 weeks now and ive noticed a faint red dot towards the center of my screen. its been there since i purchased and opened up my macbook. im pretty sure its a dead pixel, or something of the sort but my question is, is it worth driving down to the apple store and having the check it or just learn to live with it as it is just one spot on an otherwise flawless screen. i doubt that they will give me a whole new one based on one pixel but i am curious to see if others have had a pixel or two on there and just learned to live with it. thanks in advance
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissbook View Post
is it worth driving down to the apple store and having the check it or just learn to live with it as it is just one spot on an otherwise flawless screen. i doubt that they will give me a whole new one based on one pixel but i am curious to see if others have had a pixel or two on there and just learned to live with it. thanks in advance
NO, it isn't worth it. Just like you suspect, they won't replace or repair a screen for one dead/stuck pixel. There has to be a large number of pixel issues before a screen is replaced/repaired.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
AnthonyJK

AnthonyJK will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 13' Black MacBook Core Duo 1.25 GB Ram 80GB HD

I despise dead pixels haha you can try to use this to get rid of it some people have had success maybe youll get lucky! Good Luck!

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/20962
QUOTE Thanks
jram

jram is a jewel in the roughjram is a jewel in the rough

I had a stuck pixel on my PB, a stuck pixel is usually red, green . I got a 100% cotton cloth, dampened it, started to rub the pixel, turned off the PB while contining to rub, turned it back on and the pixel was gone. This pixel drove me crazy for weeks before I did this. Just remember to put your hand behind the screen when rubbing, use one finger not to hard but firm. The software program might also work.
QUOTE Thanks
kgeier82

kgeier82 is a jewel in the roughkgeier82 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt

imagine having about 50 stuck/dead pixels on a new mbp that was 2000$

now, imagine how fast i drove the 70mi back to the store.

your screwed with one stuck pixel, sorry

2.4ghz Unibody | Hitachi 320GB 7200 | 256MB 9600gt
QUOTE Thanks
KoDorSean

KoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissbook View Post
ive had my macbook for about 2 weeks now and ive noticed a faint red dot towards the center of my screen. its been there since i purchased and opened up my macbook. im pretty sure its a dead pixel, or something of the sort but my question is, is it worth driving down to the apple store and having the check it or just learn to live with it as it is just one spot on an otherwise flawless screen. i doubt that they will give me a whole new one based on one pixel but i am curious to see if others have had a pixel or two on there and just learned to live with it. thanks in advance
I just called my local apple store and asked a few questions for you.. Do you do a lot of graphic design or web design on this computer for work? Do you have apple care? if the answer is yes to both there is a good chance they WILL fix your issue at the local apple store. If you do not have apple care with just a standard one year warranty and all you use your computer for is to check email and surf the www they will only fix your issue is you have 5 or more dead pixels.

good luck.

I was on the M-F honor roll for month : May 2007
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Best OS Version to put on this Ibook? | MBP My first impression; JUNK! »