New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Wait time after ordering?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

gitboxnat

Hi guys,

Thanks for all your feedback and advice on my other thread regarding whether I should get a 12" or 15" PB. I already decided and purchased the 15" PB and I am now waiting for it to arrive. This waiting is really getting me, and I just want to know how long it took your powerbook to arrive? I live in Canada, so it might take longer, but please post up your story whenever you might have purchased your PB.

Thanks!

All posts are welcome, thanks in advance!
QUOTE Thanks
gitboxnat

Here's my update:
My Order:

1) Incase 15" Soft-tech Sleeve

+

2) Aluminium 15" PB 1.25GHz
60Gb
512mb RAM (2x256mb)
Backlit Keyboard
AE/Bluetooth

Purchasing date - Feb 26, 2004
Order #1 - Shipped on Feb 27, 2004
Recieved #1 - March 4th, 2004
Order #2 - Shipped on March 5th, 2004
Recieved #2 - NOT YET!!!

hopefully it comes soon...
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

well the computer usually takes longer to ship and in most cases comes from a farther away location. my iPod shipped from Shanghai when i got it last year

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
gitboxnat

Quote:
Originally Posted by trpnmonkey41
well the computer usually takes longer to ship and in most cases comes from a farther away location. my iPod shipped from Shanghai when i got it last year

It came on time, which was in 5 days (shipping). This laptop is niiicee. So far, everything looks good, except the lid does not closed properly, but the latch locks, so that's okay. No pixel damage so phew.

I'm very happy with my first apple computer, a big thanks to Apple : )
QUOTE Thanks
adam80

I know the wait almost killed me as well, I got my 12" PB about a month ago.

I ordered it on a Monday,
They built it on Tuesday
They shipped it on Wednesday
I received it on Thursday.

It came from Taiwain and I also paid 12 extra bucks for 2-day shipping, well worth it if you ask me.
QUOTE Thanks
Strider

Strider is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs

I had to wait for over 6 weeks(!!) for my Powerbook to arrive after the payment was cleared. It was from an Apple reseller in America so it took a while. And it cost me much less than what it is here in England, so I'm not too bothered. Got my powerbook 2 days ago!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« PowerBook G4 & L2 cache | Pleaaaaaaaaaase Update The Powerbook Line »