New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

powerbook memory?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

vjs0710

Where would you recommend getting memory for my powerbook? I need another 512 mb ram stick. Im only geting 256 mb when i order my powerbook cause upgrading ram is a ripoff from apple.

thanks.

a link would be great
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

check out

www.memoryx.net

very wise choice on not upgrading from them thats what we usually recommend here

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
vjs0710

would you recommend crucial memory?

Also does it void my warrenty if i install a differnt memory?

thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold

No you are not voiding your warranty

Crucial is also very good but I would recommend not getting the memory labelled as GENERIC from them....You are much better off getting something with a company name so you can get some support if necessary

QUOTE Thanks
TylerMoney

I believe Ii got corsiar..or something like that...that's what I was told to get at a mac retailer.
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

corsair is excellent memory.

check out www.newegg.com also they have pretty good prices on everything

QUOTE Thanks
vjs0710

is it real easy to install the memory?

is this generic

http://www.crucial.com/store/MPartsp...&WSPN=CT327971

thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
Jkendr23

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjs0710
is it real easy to install the memory?

is this generic

http://www.crucial.com/store/MPartsp...&WSPN=CT327971

thanks.
It takes about 5 minutes to install memory in a Wallstreet. I just added 128Mb to my Wallstreet. You will need a Torx #8(T8). I bought mine from Sears today for $2.99+ tax.

James Kendricks
Savannah, GA
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Stuffit Expander | I'm fond of my PC programs... Will my powerbook support them? »