Thread: Typing issues

Typing issues

Angry Typing issues
    Haven't seen this issue, wanted to see if anyone else experiences these problems. (15 inch, 2.33 C2D)

One, sometimes when I'm typing there is lag. I'm typing on the keyboard but it takes a second to catch up on the screen. The lag usually happens when typing in Firefox.

The most ANNOYING problem is the cursor skips around. In the middle of typing this sentence, the cursor went to the first sentence and I started typing in the middle of it. I have to reposition the cursor to where it's supposed to be. My hand is not on the trackpad. It's really driving me crazy.

Anyone else have these problems?

Typing issues
    i sometimes get wierd issues similar to that if i can actually see on screen any ads that may be blinkiing away on the same screen.

try this. respond to this as you normally would, type for a while, and then scroll so you can't see the ad at the top of the screen.

i can't be certain this is your problem, but it may help regardless.
    Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
    ["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]

Typing issues

Quote Originally Posted by d_rock View Post
    Haven't seen this issue, wanted to see if anyone else experiences these problems. (15 inch, 2.33 C2D)

One, sometimes when I'm typing there is lag. I'm typing on the keyboard but it takes a second to catch up on the screen. The lag usually happens when typing in Firefox.

The most ANNOYING problem is the cursor skips around. In the middle of typing this sentence, the cursor went to the first sentence and I started typing in the middle of it. I have to reposition the cursor to where it's supposed to be. My hand is not on the trackpad. It's really driving me crazy.

Anyone else have these problems?
    I have the problem of the cursor moving around too, I'm pretty sure it's from a finger hitting the pad while typing. I'm not sure if there is a way to disable to pad while typing but that may solve the problem.

Typing issues
    Keyboard wierdness
    Make sure you have "ignore accidental trackpad input" checked in system preferences. Sometimes a wandering finger or thumb or palm touching the trackpad can pause typing input.

Typing issues
    Specs:
    MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
    my typing is ALWAYS lagged. it did it in this window in fact. sometimes itll miss the first letter. sometimes, like this time, it was lagged all the way to the y in "typing".

what the heck apple?
    2.4ghz Unibody | Hitachi 320GB 7200 | 256MB 9600gt

Typing issues

typing issues
    I've also experienced lagged typing and dropped first letters on my new MacBook Pro 17". Would be grateful for any solutions!

Typing issues
    I've had this happen on my MBP. And my HP WinXP notebook. And my Dell XPS WinXP notebook. It happens.

Typing issues

typing issues
    I've had the lagged typing before, too, but not the dropped first letters. Perhaps I should bop that first letter harder?!

Typing issues
    Specs:
    MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
    ditto on the mbp lag. Ive never had this sort of thing on any laptop, apple or not.

most the time, when it doesn happen, i havent typed on it for a while. thing maybe the keyboard "goes to sleep" or something. most the time it happens, when its waking from sleep, or when i open a new safari window a nd type in it. always misses the first letter. sometimes lag enough through the whole word, then shoots up fast.
    2.4ghz Unibody | Hitachi 320GB 7200 | 256MB 9600gt

Typing issues
    Specs:
    MBP 2.0Ghz
    I had this problem too, but I ran MacJanitor and the problem seems to be gone.

Typing issues

Quote Originally Posted by kgeier82 View Post
    my typing is ALWAYS lagged. it did it in this window in fact. sometimes itll miss the first letter. sometimes, like this time, it was lagged all the way to the y in "typing".

what the heck apple?
    My macbook pro seems to occasionally miss the first few letters as well. Hitting the keys a little harder does seems to "fix" the issue... I can replicate the issue by gently and slowly pushing down on a key. It seems like you need to make sure that the key depresses 100% for it to register (as apposed to 95%).

As a touch typer is very annoying...

Typing issues

Are you seeing the typing lag on a relatively new laptop? I experienced that symptom for a couple of weeks before it went away completely (except during high system load, as someone said above). I think it comes from the load generated by the initial Spotlight indexing.

It is definitely a load issue, however. You might download a system analyzer tool to monitor the sitation.

Typing issues

hey guys,

just wanted to post a little update. i THINK the issue has sort "fixed itself" as i cannot recall the typing lag happening recently. i am typing this in Firefox and there has been no noticeable lag.

also, the cursor skipping problem was indeed the trackpad being very sensitive. i didn't have the option on to ignore trackpad input while typing, because when you have that enabled the cursor will lag a little bit after typing.

Typing issues
    Specs:
    iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, 256 GB SSD, 2 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM
    The cursor jumping around issue happens on ALL laptops, not just Macs. It is always a case of unintended contacts with the trackpad. Happens to me all the time on my Dell laptop (my work computer).
    My Macs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, Mac Pro 3.2 GHz, PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz, G4 Cube with 1.2 GHz Upgrade
    My iStuff: 64GB iPhone 5, 64GB iPad4, 30GB iPod Video, 16GB iPod Touch
    My OS': Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS 9.2.2, openSUSE 10.3
    I was on the Mac-Forums honor roll for September 2007

Typing issues

No lag...just always stumbling around the keyboard making tpyos.

Thread Information