New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

boot up time

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

TylerMoney

hello

so, I estimated that it takes about a minute and a half for my powerbook to completely boot up...from grey screen to desktop with airport loaded up.....is this slow for a powerbook g4 1ghz 768 mb ram? Caue my pc boots extremely fast...like probably 30sec...maybe a little longer...(though it takes like a minute to shutdown)....if this is slow...what does it mean? If it isn't...is there a way to make it boot faster....or is there a reason it's so slow?...I mean..once it's up and running there seem to be no problems...but I am a fairly new owner of a mac....and am still learning about them...I love them....just wondering about stuff...know what I mean vern?

thanks
QUOTE Thanks
sugarkane

i an't counted but my 12 takes a long time when compared with a PC

the other day at the apple centrer getting a service the geek hotkeded the bootup and brought up the boot log instead of the blue screen and it was a pretty long and bizy looking bootup...

remember these are unix machines and the os is a lot more completecated and they are true plug and play!!!!

sk
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Should I go wireless? | PowerBook Battery question »