New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

bluetooth?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

PC HATER

Ok i feel really stupid, but what the heak. Ok i want to know how bluetoothe works how far it goes what is its purpose i understand that It is linking electronic devices , but I really dont get it. Thanks in advance
QUOTE Thanks
lzasitko

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC HATER
Ok i feel really stupid, but what the heak. Ok i want to know how bluetoothe works how far it goes what is its purpose i understand that It is linking electronic devices , but I really dont get it. Thanks in advance
The following is right off the web:

Bluetooth - Chip technology enabling seamless voice and data connections between a wide range of devices through short-range digital two-way radio. It is an open specification for short-range communications of data and voice between both mobile and stationary devices. For instance, it specifies how mobile phones, WIDs, computers and PDAs interconnect with each other, with computers, and with office or home phones.

Think of it as short range wireless networking

Larry
QUOTE Thanks
lplplpx3

Heard of Bluetooth but NEVER actually saw it in action until today. Example...friend of mine owns a mac and an Ericcson cell phone. He created a midi file on mac, sat his cell on desk, looked in finder and located his cell (whichj appeared just like another disk) and then dragged and dropped the midi file to his phone. Becuase that Ericcson has GM sounds assigned, he hit play and played the the file he had just wirelessly transferred.

I guess if you are familiar with Palm Pilots, its kinda of the same scenario. Devices able to share and swap info without being physically linked.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« do in want RAM? | Ok to leave laptop on? »