New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - putting mac to sleep for too long

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

basketman

basketman is on a distinguished road

hi guys... i was about to head back home, so i put my mac to sleep and i realise that i forget to shut it down for 2 days. when i open it, the batt was drained to 7 %. doess putting mac to sleep for too long will have any effect for ur mac ?
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Nope, not at all.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Your battery drained 93% in 2 days while in standby? Hmm, that seems a bit off. I leave it in standby for about 12 hours and I have the same charge left as when it went into standby, maybe one or two percentage points get used up at most. But losing almost your entire battery in 48 hours seems as though there might be some sort of problem.
QUOTE Thanks
MattSharp

MattSharp is an unknown at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketman View Post
hi guys... i was about to head back home, so i put my mac to sleep and i realise that i forget to shut it down for 2 days. when i open it, the batt was drained to 7 %. doess putting mac to sleep for too long will have any effect for ur mac ?
I would be careful about leaving your computer asleep while you transport it. If it comes out of sleep mode it's not good for the hard drive to be on and moving around. I was always taught to turn my laptop off when in transit.
QUOTE Thanks
Osiris22x

Osiris22x will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)

A laptop with a decent battery should last roughly a week (7 days) in sleep mode, before it would fully deplete the battery from a full charge.

I never, ever shut my Macs down...I just put them to sleep. There's no way for the Mac to wake up in transit from sleep. The latch tells the Mac that the computer is closed, and to not wake up unless a USB device is plugged in. Even if somehow it did wake up, all new Apple laptops have motion sensors which constantly lock the hard drive head, when the computer is jolted or moved around too quickly, thus preventing damage.

Roger Michaels
Apple Certified Consultant
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Video Ram... | Macbook is so slow... »