New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - macbook video card help

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mtsm

mtsm is on a distinguished road

Hi people....i am from brazil and want to buy a macbook ....but worried about video card memory...does it use shared video memory? (from the main memory) if so...can i allocate more or less memory for the video card? the questions coz i play flight simulator and its important issue for this game.
i could buy 2gb of ram and alocate 512 for the video card?

gotta know this cause this computer costs more than twice the price it is in the usa here..

thanks
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Welcome here, mtsm.

Yes it does.

I don't think you can.
QUOTE Thanks
mtsm

mtsm is on a distinguished road

does what? allocates main memory for the video card? what's the amount of memory it allocates? isnt it possible to allocate more or less memory?
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

It's all in the specs that I linked you to. And I don't think you can allocate more memory for video RAM.
QUOTE Thanks
Laytonx

Laytonx is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro

My Macbook can play World of Warcraft just fine, so its better then people say. Depending on how new/old the sim is, it may run fine.
QUOTE Thanks
etan4

etan4 is on a distinguished road

My macbook plays Halo, Half-life 2, Sin: Episodes, and Unreal Tournament 2004 just fine. Of course, it plays flawlessly when i crank down the settings and play in windowed mode.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« PowerBook G4 12" whats the value??? | A USB / Firewire gripe. »