New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

closed screen - space

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jp_tix

hi,

i just got a 15'' powerbook yesterday. the machine is great, but one
thing worries me.

when i close the screen, there's a small gap between
the machine and the screen on both sides of the latch.
i can push it slightly up and down when i place my finger on top of the machine. it feels just a little too loose...

is this normal?

not a big deal, but i would like to have it in perfect condition.

best,

jp
QUOTE Thanks
Padawan

Padawan has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod

My iBook is exactly the same way - nothing to worry about. I don't transport mine much, but if you intend to, I would highly suggest a screen protector, since there have been a number of people who've reported scratched LCD's from keyboard/screen contact. The screen protector is good, cheap insurance against any damage.

~ Support the LANCE ARMSTRONG FOUNDATION -- LAF.org ~

Do you drive a Civic, Del Sol, or Integra & want more power & tighter steering feel? Click here for my inexpensive DIY Power-Steering Removal Kits.
QUOTE Thanks
Zenistar

Zenistar is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.16 MBP, 2GB, 7200 100GB disk | Dual 2Ghz G5, 1.5Gb RAM, 20" cinema | 15" 1.25 PB / 4Gb iPod Nano

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp_tix
when i close the screen, there's a small gap between
the machine and the screen on both sides of the latch.
My PB is exactly the same, worried me at first until I checked around and saw that it wasn't just mine.
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

Yep my powerbook does the samething

http://www.marware.com/keyboardcovers.html

this is a wise investment in my opinion

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
jp_tix

thanks. that's good to hear. (or is it?)
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

I don't think you have anything to worry about. I have not heard of any problems resulting from the gap and all the laptops have them

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
SM2k

Hi All. (My first post)

Yea. I heard that apple did this on purpose so that the oil from your fingers that go onto the keyboard don't transfer onto the screen.
QUOTE Thanks
macdaddy

`1i had the same promblem,i have the mac care thing so i just sent ti back and they fixed it for me
QUOTE Thanks
mec

I have one of these.. its better with that.. but no problem I think.. its not necessary in my opinion..
http://www.marware.com/keyboardcovers.html
QUOTE Thanks
Cloudane

Nothing to worry about, but the reason why I suggest keeping the little polystierene (sp?) divider that comes shipped between the display and the keyboard. Just helps take special care of your loved one that little bit more
QUOTE Thanks
ViewSonic

at least your spacing is on both the right and left sides. All of the spacing between on mine is on the right side, with the left side completely flush, so it's unbalanced.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Help..How to connect wirelessly with an Access Point? | spires on backorder, equivalent or better? »