New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

hard case or sleeve for ibook

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

JonMarchant

Hi, I'm looking for a compact rigid case for a 12" ibook to protect it when put in a backpack. I'm not bothered
about extra room for accessories/papers etc, just a tough hard shell to protect the ibook from being accidentally
crushed and banged, but not too big it can't be slipped in a bag.

Something like the cases Proporta make for handhelds, only bigger of course! Example here:
www.proporta.com/detail.asp?id=211

Thanks!

Jon
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

http://www.marware.com/Overview_N_Laptop.html

i use the products from there

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
jaster

jaster will become famous soon enough

http://www.radtech.us/
They make a pretty nice ibook sleeve. Fits like a glove!
QUOTE Thanks
Padawan

Padawan has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod

I'd also suggest that you purchase some sort of screen protector (many are made of leather or suede-like material) to place between the keyboard and LCD when transporting your iBook. Many people experiance scratching of the LCD, and I'd imagine there would be increased risk of that if you are transporting it in a backpack.

~ Support the LANCE ARMSTRONG FOUNDATION -- LAF.org ~

Do you drive a Civic, Del Sol, or Integra & want more power & tighter steering feel? Click here for my inexpensive DIY Power-Steering Removal Kits.
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

Marware has a neoprene protecter that I use for my powerbookb

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
JonMarchant

Thanks everyone who replied, but I'm after something rugged and hard-sided that would resist
being crushed or bent, and a normal laptop sleeve wouldn't work.

trpnmonkey41, the Marware Sportfolio II ( www.marware.com/SportFolio_II.html ) is the perfect
size, but it doesn't say how strong the plastic shell inside is. Could you stand on it without
squashing your ibook? That's the kind of strength I'm after.

Pelican make a #1470 small computer case ( www.peli.com/cases.html ) that is strong
enough, but it's too big (full-sized notebook case size). If they made something
sleeve-sized it would be ideal, but alas.

It seems they're either strong but too big, or the right size but too soft! :rolleyes:

Thanks Padawan for the tip about screen protectors though

Jon
QUOTE Thanks
lnetubaplyr

I hate to advertise for this company, as i ordered my case almost a month ago and still haven't got it, but shinza.com has a case call the Zero Shock, its made out of polyurithane (probably spelled that wrong), but its an awesome case, its hard to objects that touch it instantly and soft to items that have continued contact, ie: ibook. it works really really well, and as soon as i get my non defective one (stupid zipper) it should be really good.

Peace
Rob.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« usb mouse freakiness | ibook goes right back to sleep »