New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - Macbook Battery Crap?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

maz94protege

maz94protege will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo

Hey everyone. my Macbook is only 5months old. I saw in Macworld mag last month Coconut Battery. Which reads the Battery life mAh when it was first new and current. Ive lost 19% battery life out of 109 Load/Charge Cycles in 5months....This is a my little pony paradise. anyone else notice their battery life dieing. Search macworld.com for Coconut Battery and see the application. Pretty awsome program too.

I just dont want to have to take this battery back to Applecare ..... but if they replace it for free...Im set!

-J
QUOTE Thanks
Reel1

Reel1 is a jewel in the roughReel1 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac

Hello, the following text will not fix your problem, it was surprise to me I assumed batteries would last longer. But here goes;

NiCad

Nickel Cadmium (NiCad) is the most popular and durable type of rechargeable battery. They are quick to charge, last approximately 700 charge and discharge cycles, and work well in extreme temperature conditions. Unfortunately, NiCad batteries suffer from "memory effect" if they are not completely discharged each cycle. The memory effect reduces the overall capacity and run time of the battery.

NiMH

Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) batteries do not suffer from the memory effect as the NiCad counterpart. Compared to a NiCad battery of equal size, NiMH batteries run for 30% longer on each charge cycle. They are also made from non toxic metals so they are environmentally friendly. They downside of NiMH technology is the overall battery life. These batteries generally last for 400 charge and discharge cycles.

LiON

Lithium Ion (LiON) is the latest development in portable battery technology. These batteries do not suffer from the memory effect. Compared to a NiMH of equal size, a LiON will deliver twice the run time from each charge. Unfortunately, these batteries are only available for a limited number of models and are more expensive than NiMH. Similar to NiMH technology, LiON batteries have a life expectancy of 400 charge and discharge cycles.

Smart Batteries

Most new notebooks use "smart" batteries with internal microprocessors. These special circuits communicate valuable charge/discharge information with your notebook. This helps run useful features like the battery fuel gauge while providing extra safety.
QUOTE Thanks
spiccy

spiccy is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by maz94protege View Post
retarted
lawlz

edit: i just downloaded coconut battery for my macbook (mine's 3 months old). my original capacity was 5200mAh and it's current capacity is 5468mAh, so apparently my battery gets better life?
QUOTE Thanks
Pierre

Pierre will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: White 2ghz Core Duo Macbook, 2ghz RAM, 60gb Hard drive, SuperDrive

You never know how accurate Coconut Battery is for every case. If your battery is defective, Apple Care certainly will replace it (especially if you bought the three year coverage).

I've had my Macbook 7 months and it's at 89%...

Macbook: 2ghz Core Duo, 2gb Ram

Don't forget to use the User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Issues Burning CDs | Airport Problem »