New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Cleaning

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

tylerboyo

tylerboyo is on a distinguished road

Just wondering, how do you all clean your laptops, i ahve got screen wipes, and use them to clean the keys and that, but on a few keys,i have some very tiny black dots, that i can feel, but wont come off. may sound stupid and petty, but they really annoy me.
cheers
QUOTE Thanks
Bluesmudge

Bluesmudge will become famous soon enough

Try mr clean magic erasers. They work great, and as far as I know dont do any harm to the macbook pro.
QUOTE Thanks
tylerboyo

tylerboyo is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the tip, anyone confirm they dont mess anything up? Or any solutions, a few keys are generally dirty, but wont come clean. I am getting a thing to cover my keys, but still, i want it to look good, for when i sell it. Thanks again
QUOTE Thanks
sixslinger

sixslinger will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2.0 GHz Macbook Pro, 1.5 GB RAM.....1.83 GHz Macbook 1 GB RAM

there are multiple threads on this issue.....please search before you post.....pledge multisurface wipes work good.
QUOTE Thanks
Ice Cream Man

Ice Cream Man has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15, 1Gb RAM, 100GBHD, 2 Perfoma636CD, Apple, Apple IIe, + 2 PC, XP Pro 64bit, & ThinkPad

I use iKlear, or alcohol wipes(not on the paint). ikear is used by NASA in space!!
QUOTE Thanks
SuB8HaVeN

SuB8HaVeN will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Powerbook G4 12" 1.5GHz

For the screen I like to mix a 50/50 alcohol/water solution and wipe the screen with a clean, lintless cloth and let it dry by itself. On the other parts I have used 409, Windex, and a few other cleaners and no damage so far...
QUOTE Thanks
Bluesmudge

Bluesmudge will become famous soon enough

I would stay away from stronger cleaners like 409.
QUOTE Thanks
pkny

pkny is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: stock 17" 2.8ghz unibody mbp.

i've been windexing my 12" pbook display for 1.5 yr half - spray on a piece of paper towel and just wipe the screen diagonally - although most manufacturers dont recommend it.. or i just use warm water on paper towel and wipe the screen and the alumin. case..

DO NOT USE ANY SOLVENTS / AMMONIA based products on the case.. it'll wear down the clear coat on the alum. case and it'll eventually rust / oxidize..
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Anyone elses? | New Macbook problem »