New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Is there a way I can clean/polish my 15in PB screen?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

StealthMode

I'd like to know if there is a way I can polish out/clean off the marks from my keyboard on my screen. I have the Ti PB 15in. I saw some LCD polish at a website (I forget the name, but it's the one that has RAM for PB's and other stuff) So any suggestions on how to get these marks out? They don't look like they're deep scratches or anything, mostly scuff marks or smudges.. Anyway, any help would be great! Thanx

Stealth -
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

http://www.marware.com/keyboardcovers.html

I use that whenever I close my screen to prevent it.

When I first noticed the marks I just took a soft cloth and rubbed the area. They went away pretty easily and the cover protects the screen really well

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
StealthMode

Mine doesn't go away that easily, is there a specific cloth to use or something?
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

i just used the cloth that came with my oakleys. I also left my screen open for a few days while i was at home so that helped them to

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
StealthMode

Do the new PB's have a different screen? My buddy has 17in Aluminum PB and the screen is alot shinier, and her doesn't seem to have a problem with the screen touching the screen either.
Is there a specific glass cleaner that I should use on my screen? A guy I work with let me use his eye glass cleaner and all that seems to do was smear.

Stealth -
QUOTE Thanks
hokiethang

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthMode
Do the new PB's have a different screen? My buddy has 17in Aluminum PB and the screen is alot shinier, and her doesn't seem to have a problem with the screen touching the screen either.
Is there a specific glass cleaner that I should use on my screen? A guy I work with let me use his eye glass cleaner and all that seems to do was smear.

Stealth -
There is some stuff that apple sells which is called iKlear. I have used it on my powerbook for a couple of months and it works great. It is also versatile enough to use on the case of the laptop and screen. I have also used it on a number of my other apple toys :-D.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« G4 Powerbook problems | Making A Website »