New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - MacBook Remote Disaster

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Stephanella

Stephanella is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook, 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1Gb 667 MHz, OS X 10.4.11

Guys, the imbecile I have the misfortune to share my living space with left the remote on the bed so that one of my dogs had the opportunity to chew it to death. Victoria being one **** of a huntress did not need much encouragement and so, less than ONE WEEK after the trauma of having to purchase a new laptop at a second's notice, said laptop is now sans-remote. What are your suggestions beside getting rid of the moron I live with? Will AppleCare cover this incident (I doubt it!)? Can I make them cover it and claim that I dropped the remote and walked over it (over and over agan) in a pair of Manolos, hence the sharp round marks? Should I tell the truth? How much is a new one gonna cost me? Thanks again!

Cogito, ergo lectito.
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

looks like it's about 30 bucks at the us store. what's that, about 20 pounds?

try thr replacement route though. try crying too, that'll help!
QUOTE Thanks
Stephanella

30 bucks! That is nothing! That's like 15, although of course I suspect it will probably cost more like 25 here, but who cares, it means I can replace it pronto without much trouble! I will, however, go the phone route as you suggest and open the whining works if I sense sympathy at the other end... Will keep you posted!

Cogito, ergo lectito.
QUOTE Thanks
imacmatt09

imacmatt09 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram

bring it in and try to say when you opened up the box that is how it looked. haha no thats a bad idea just tell them the truth and ask them to replace it.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS IPad1

Very sorry for you that it happened. I would for sure chew out your roomie.

You will have to purchase one as that would not be covered at all by Applecare as you can probably understand, but at least the remotes don't cost a lot.

Tell that roomie to keep their mits off your Mac and the remote!!!
QUOTE Thanks
macAttack

macAttack is a jewel in the roughmacAttack is a jewel in the roughmacAttack is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iBook

apple has thousands of these things lying around, hers is not functional anymore (by no fault of her) apple should be responisble for replacing it. it costs them mere dollars to manufacture, probably less...
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by macAttack View Post
apple has thousands of these things lying around, hers is not functional anymore (by no fault of her) apple should be responisble for replacing it. it costs them mere dollars to manufacture, probably less...
well technically, it was no fault of apple's either. the roomie should foot the bill.
QUOTE Thanks
Stephanella

Guys, I am somewhat flattered that you think I am young enough to have a roomie but as a matter of fact the moron I was referring to is my husband!

Cogito, ergo lectito.
QUOTE Thanks
eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanella View Post
Guys, I am somewhat flattered that you think I am young enough to have a roomie but as a matter of fact the moron I was referring to is my husband!
ah... yeah, i get that too...

and hey, my 60 yo dad's still single after he left my mom about 34 years ago.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 1GB to 2GB upgrading experience | USB Versus Firewire »