New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Ram!!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mrdeluxe

mrdeluxe is on a distinguished road

Hello everyone.

I'm the happy owner of a Macbook Pro 2.0 with 512MB RAM. I'm thinking of upgrading my RAM to 1GB because my MBP starts to hick-up a lot, especially when I have many applications open, and when working with InDesign, Photoshop or Illustrator is terrible since it takes forever to open and it lags quite a bit, and not even think of working with two of these aplications at the same time...

So what I wanted to ask you was: is it normal to experience such problems and is it because of my low RAM and also should I upgrade to 1Ghz or just go all in and get the 2GB?

Also, anyone know of a good online store for europe that sells RAM? I went to a store and 512MB cost 80 euros, is it a good price?

Thank you in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
traded

traded will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro C2D 2.16

My 2 cents: While extra RAM will help (BTW: I would go up to 2 as I have one and am almost always using all of it with some slow down) some and probably all of the programs you named are not yet Universal and thus run quite a bit slower at this point. I just read the other day that Photo Shop CS3 beta is available and is Universal....thus quite a bit faster.
-d
QUOTE Thanks
imacmatt09

imacmatt09 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram

Go for 2. There are lots of ram hungry programs out there. If you want to run parrelles it will take up alot of ram and it would be better to have the 2 gigs. If you dont plan on running any ram hungry programs you could always go for 1 gig, but i would go for 2.
QUOTE Thanks
Quruli

I have a MBP 2.0 with one gig go for 2 gig 1 gig sometimes slowes down.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 12 inch ibook and widescreen external monitor | DVI to VGA output problem »