New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

iBook - WT Know, how can u tell if ur ibook G4 is bluetooth ready?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Krash

Krash is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Ibook G4, 14.1,768mb,1.2ghz,60 gig, cdrw/dvd slot drive,extreme card

I was wandering when i got my ibook g4, the guy said it was wireless extreme and bluetooth ready, but when i looked at the bluetooth and wifi combo it doesn't match up with my setup, i can fix the extreme card in there but is there a module that goes in a different place inside the ibook g4 14.1 1.2ghz laptop??? If anyone knows please let me know I would love to have bluetooth internal.. I have a bluetooth adaptor but it is too aggravating to have more than one adapter on the side of my laptop because I am using a wireless notebook mouse and it has a 2.4ghz receiver, please let me know thanks.. I have tiger 10.4.8 so i know it supports bluetooth but I didn't know if there was a module to buy and put it internal.. And how can u find one?? Thanks:yinyang:

My very 2nd mac.... Ibook G4 14.1 inch screen 1.2ghz processor... I don't want to ever go back to PC...
QUOTE Thanks
macAttack

macAttack is a jewel in the roughmacAttack is a jewel in the roughmacAttack is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iBook

there is a way to put bluetooth internally on older ibooks. I attempted that once, and it did not turn out well, ended up wasting a usb port....and the bluetooth didn't work
QUOTE Thanks
macAttack

macAttack is a jewel in the roughmacAttack is a jewel in the roughmacAttack is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iBook

btw........
http://www3.telus.net/thewitt/BT/
QUOTE Thanks
Krash

Krash is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Ibook G4, 14.1,768mb,1.2ghz,60 gig, cdrw/dvd slot drive,extreme card

I just thought there was a place in here that would allow me to put a module in, i didn't know there would be soldering going on lol.... Thanks I will check out that link, also the guy that i baught it from said it was extreme and bluetooth ready.. Guess he lied.. lol I have read that, I am not intrested in that LOL.. I will look for a ibook that has a messed up screen or hard drive and just swap my stuff over and sell this one maybe.. I dont' know.. Thanks though...

My very 2nd mac.... Ibook G4 14.1 inch screen 1.2ghz processor... I don't want to ever go back to PC...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Trackpad section from 1.33 compat with 1.42? | Soon to be MBP owner(i hope) »