New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - How good is the Built in Webcam in the Macbooks??

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MacNewbie

MacNewbie is an unknown at this point

is the built in webcam in the macbooks and macbook pros pretty good quality?

are they the same as the separate isight?
would i have to buy a separate microphone or is this built in as well?

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...lm=M8817LL%2FC
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

It is the highest quality webcam that I have seen. It is the same as the separate iSight and the microphone is built in. Of course quality of chats depends on how much bandwidth you have

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Agreed with trpnmonkey, the iSight is the best looking WebCam I have ever used. The internal one is the same as the external in quality.
QUOTE Thanks
MacNewbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trpnmonkey41 View Post
It is the highest quality webcam that I have seen. It is the same as the separate iSight and the microphone is built in. Of course quality of chats depends on how much bandwidth you have

oh the mic is built in? so no need for a clunky imcrophone stand
great!

the camera on the pro and the regular macbook is the same right?
QUOTE Thanks
imacmatt09

imacmatt09 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram

Yes the built in one is better than other ones i have used and is by far the best. Sometimes i even take pictures for myspace with them
QUOTE Thanks
MacNewbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by imacmatt09 View Post
Yes the built in one is better than other ones i have used and is by far the best. Sometimes i even take pictures for myspace with them

would u mind posting a pic?
so i could see the clarity
QUOTE Thanks
imacmatt09

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacNewbie View Post
sure here you go..

theres me and all of my uglyness :black:
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

The one difference I'm aware of between the built-in camera and the external iSight is that the external has the ability to focus. The internal one has a fixed focus.

I can't be sure the image sensor is any different, but I have both, and they both do a great job.
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

don't look so happy matt...
QUOTE Thanks
imacmatt09

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric View Post
don't look so happy matt...
yeah because im happy to put a pic of me so people can see it lol haha
QUOTE Thanks
abbyroadme

abbyroadme is on a distinguished road

I have a macbook pro and have used the webcam. The quality is just incredible!! Since my old pc has a logitech cam that is no where as good as the mac one.
QUOTE Thanks
Ice Cream Man

Ice Cream Man has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15, 1Gb RAM, 100GBHD, 2 Perfoma636CD, Apple, Apple IIe, + 2 PC, XP Pro 64bit, & ThinkPad

It's the best webcam i've ever used. I would recommend a USB mic. Anything over $48 will work for almost anything you could want to do, including Voice Recognition.
QUOTE Thanks
MacNewbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
It's the best webcam i've ever used. I would recommend a USB mic. Anything over $48 will work for almost anything you could want to do, including Voice Recognition.
you dont think the microphone built in the laptop is good?

by the way i just got a macbookpro yesterday and i dont know if its just the lighting in my room but the pic is pretty grainy and poor quality>?

when u guys say its excellent can u take a pic to show this pls?

the pic matt posted looks a bit better quality than mine but doedsnt make me say WOW
QUOTE Thanks
MacNewbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by imacmatt09 View Post
sure here you go..

theres me and all of my uglyness :black:

matt that looks liek a dark room..when i take my pic in a semi well lit room and with the "mock" flash of the photobooth it still looks darker than ur pic?

what lighting did u use?

let me know thanks
QUOTE Thanks
imacmatt09

Quote:
matt that looks liek a dark room..when i take my pic in a semi well lit room and with the "mock" flash of the photobooth it still looks darker than ur pic?

what lighting did u use?

let me know thanks
i put a lamp real close to the camera so that the flash wouldnt brighten me up and turn me blue. i tends to do that for some reason but thats all the light i used nothing in the background
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MBP (CD1) wont go to sleep when i close it | took the plunge: my first Mac! »