New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Backlit Keyboard

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kjellquist

It's not a big deal, but I thought the iBooks had backlit keyboards. Is it just the PB's?
QUOTE Thanks
lsuperguy

yup, just the PBs. One of those added features that Apple hopes you will upgrade for.
QUOTE Thanks
TylerMoney

the twelve inch pb doesn't come with the backlit keyboard though...so sad...but I still love him.
QUOTE Thanks
kjellquist

yeah I love my iBook, but last night trying to type in the dark in bed....that backlight would have been sweet
QUOTE Thanks
hizz

apple is so good at making you want features you never thought you'd need...
QUOTE Thanks
The Giver

Can you get a backlight keyboard for your iBook?
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Back lite keyboard are only on the PB 15" superdrive and the 17"
QUOTE Thanks
kjellquist

that would be a good add-on...i would consider shelling out a few books for an after-market backlit keyboard for the iBook
QUOTE Thanks
Anil_robo

Anil_robo will become famous soon enough

My macbook ships this week (13 inch with combo drive, white), and I was just wondering if it would have a backlit keyboard/keypad? Just for the sake of coolness, you know! :batman:
QUOTE Thanks
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Giver
Can you get a backlight keyboard for your iBook?
Yes... but you would have to make it your self.

Get some LEDs, a photosistor, and some resistors. If I had an iBook I could tell you exactly what to do.
QUOTE Thanks
taseal

taseal will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anil_robo
My macbook ships this week (13 inch with combo drive, white), and I was just wondering if it would have a backlit keyboard/keypad? Just for the sake of coolness, you know! :batman:
nope... they really tried to go for lil power consumption with this computer... no backlit keyboard... usually when I type full speed, I dont even look at the keyboard so...

MacBook White [2Ghz] [2Gb RAM] [60Gb HDD] [Super Duper Drive]
People that keep telling others to search = a**holes, instead be positive, and help, if you have nothing to say, leave the thread alone
QUOTE Thanks
Avalon

Avalon is just really niceAvalon is just really niceAvalon is just really niceAvalon is just really nice
Mac Specs: PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman
Back lite keyboard are only on the PB 15" superdrive and the 17"
And still not all 15" PowerBooks have it...it was optional for some models.
MacBook Pro has it too (15" and 17") but MacBook hasn't.
QUOTE Thanks
NikBhat

NikBhat is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White Macbook 2.0 ghz, 80 gig hdd, 1gig ram

isnt the illumination of the superbright macbook screen good enough to throw some light on the keyboard?
QUOTE Thanks
jhelm007

jhelm007 is a jewel in the roughjhelm007 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD; PowerTower Pro (300MHz G3 clone): 608MB RAM, 10GB HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikBhat
isnt the illumination of the superbright macbook screen good enough to throw some light on the keyboard?
In my experience, yes.
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

I am all for searching the forums for answers... one of the biggest supporters of it, actually.
But there comes a time when a thread should be used for informational purpose only, no need to bring it back from the dead... c'mon, this thread was old...and I mean OLD... it was two and a half years since the last post was made on it before it was resurrected and zombified.
:black:

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« what do you think my pb is worth? | Fuming Mad »