powerbook burning error
    Specs:
    15" Mac Book Pro 2.4ghz 6gb Ram 320gb HD - G5 2x2.0ghz- 23" Apple Display - 2 Sony FX1s
    powerbook burning error
    I bought this powerbook off ebay, its a pretty good labtop all around. I know the person I bought it from changed it from combo to superdrive. It does burn dvd but only sometimes form idvd or toast 6. When it does burn the dvd I can only watch it on my labtop or on a 5 dvd changer dvd player, it won't work on my ps2. I am useing dvd-r. The toast error massage is "interface Error: -16434 The connection is not stable." I think its saying the dvd drive needs to be pluged in more. Please help me.

powerbook burning error
    Specs:
    Macbook Pro CD 2.16, 2GB ram, 256MB Video.
    It sounds like either they used a 3rd party superdrive or the didn't connect the drive correctly. If the cable is loose then a little vibration form the drive or a fan could cause a bad connection. I would check in the System Profilier under disk burning to see if the drive was Apple Shipped/ Supported or if it says 3rd party driver or unsupported. if its 3rd party you can get the model of the superdrive and do a google search and see if there is anyone who had luck with your model. I think there is a 3rd party software called patchburn that adds support for 3rd party drives.

powerbook burning error
    Specs:
    15" Mac Book Pro 2.4ghz 6gb Ram 320gb HD - G5 2x2.0ghz- 23" Apple Display - 2 Sony FX1s
    Ok we I opened it up, the only thing I am missing was the hex screwdriver I'm going to try to pick one up today but I can see the drive, it says apple on it looks like the origonal that I seen in a pic. I will try to push the plug in more. If anyone know more about this please keep posting. Thanks

powerbook burning error
    Specs:
    I took it a part took the superdrive all the way and put it back in and the error message is still their, when I took it out their was this tape wire that was bent alittle, do you think it could be the problem

Thread Information