New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Upgrade to Macbook pro from Macbook?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

taylorwilsdon

taylorwilsdon is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 2.4ghz 4GB RAM

Things have gone well for me recently and I've come into alot of extra money.

Right now I've got a White Macbook 2ghz with 2gb ram and 80gb hdd with the superdrive.

I love the computer, but since the day I bought it I've always had Pro envy.

Heres my needs:

I don't play games, I don't do video editing ect so I'm fine with the Macbook's integrated graphics. However, I multitask something severe so 2gb ram is my minimum.

I figure I can sell the macbook for at least 1200 pretty easily, so that'd put me in the range of about $2500 in "extra" money.

So my question is, should I do it?

Should I move to the 15 or the 17?

I'd love any advice pushing me either way. I hate being so indecisive about this sort of thing.
QUOTE Thanks
sluzniak

sluzniak is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro CD 2.16, 2GB ram, 256MB Video.

Should you do it? In my opinion, **** yeah.. Even if you don't do heavy graphic work I think the faster video chip will make even the screen redraws faster and snappier. LOL if the screen of the macbook was fine for what you were doing I'd go with the 15" and upgrade it to all you can. get the 2.33 Proc, 2gb ram and a larger HDD. that should keep you happy for a while. If I had $2500 in "extra" money thats what I would do.
QUOTE Thanks
caribiner23

caribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Retina 13" among far too many other Apple products

Sounds like your decision is already made. If you're looking for validation from us, you have it. :-)

(Frankly, my MacBook does everything I need, so if I ran into "a lot of extra money" you wouldn't find me at the Apple Store-- you'd find me on a beach somewhere.)
QUOTE Thanks
Quruli

I dont need a MBP but I have one. And love it.
QUOTE Thanks
taylorwilsdon

taylorwilsdon is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 2.4ghz 4GB RAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribiner23 View Post
Sounds like your decision is already made. If you're looking for validation from us, you have it. :-)

(Frankly, my MacBook does everything I need, so if I ran into "a lot of extra money" you wouldn't find me at the Apple Store-- you'd find me on a beach somewhere.)
(to the first poster - yes, I have. I've already been talking to people interested in buying it, but I'm looking for a little assurance in my choice haha)

Thats my feeling as well - my macbook does everything I need, and its plenty fast, and I'd love to put this money aside in my savings, but I want a new toy
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Getting error trying to burn DMG file to CD-R with G3 Ibook | screeching noise »