New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

White or Silver

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jaster

jaster will become famous soon enough

My sister and I ordered identical ibooks on the same day from apple.com We both ordered the 14in, 1ghz, 640 etc... Here is the strange part, one of us recieved a silver one and the other recieved a white one. Anyone know why this would happen? Why would her ibook be silver, and mine white? Is there any difference in these computers other than simple the cosmetic color??? She is in NY and I am in NC so we can't compare. I am really curious about this.
QUOTE Thanks
lzasitko

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaster
My sister and I ordered identical ibooks on the same day from apple.com We both ordered the 14in, 1ghz, 640 etc... Here is the strange part, one of us recieved a silver one and the other recieved a white one. Anyone know why this would happen? Why would her ibook be silver, and mine white? Is there any difference in these computers other than simple the cosmetic color??? She is in NY and I am in NC so we can't compare. I am really curious about this.
All I can think is that one is a powerbook (silver) and one an iBook (white). If you click on the apple in the top left corner and select about this mac. Then if you go to more info, under the system profile it will tell you exactly what you have. On the web site Apple has a 12, 15 or 17" powerbook so check the screen size. The 15" is available as a 1ghz. There should be little difference between performance.

Powerbook $1,999.00
15.2-inch TFT Display, 1280x854 resolution, 1GHz PowerPC G4
512K L2 cache, 256MB DDR333 SDRAM, 60GB Ultra ATA/100
ATI Mobility Radeon, 9600 (64MB DDR), Full size keyboard
Gigabit Ethernet, FireWire 400 & 800, AirPort Extreme Ready
DVI & S-Video out

Ibook $1,499.00
1GHz PowerPC G4, 256K L2 cache @ 1GHz, 14-inch TFT Display
1024x768 resolution, 256MB DDR266 SDRAM, 60GB Ultra ATA drive
Combo Drive, ATI Mobility Radeon 9200, 32MB DDR video memory

Powerbook has a higher res screen, faster ddr ram and 64meg video vs 32meg. There are likely other differences but....

Larry
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« death of an ibook | Probably A Stupid Question »