New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Intel Core Duo processor

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

hojkoff_101

hojkoff_101 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Macbook 2.1GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4Gb RAM

I take it that the Intel Core Duo processor is different from the Intel Core 2 Duo processor.

If I'm not buying direct from apple, is there anyway to tell the difference between the 2 without actually having the mac in front of me?

Cheers

Drew :headphone
QUOTE Thanks
Sp71Supra

You can tell my the processor speed. I was going to order a new macbook pro intel core duo, I ended up waiting 4 days and when I went to order, I found out the released the core 2 duos... thank god I wanted those 4 days. I had no clue they were updating them. I was worried that I might get a core duo and not a core 2 duo. It says on the outside of the box core 2 duo.. it has the logo.

I must say... I LOVE THIS MACBOOK PRO... I got the ultimate machine, maxed out the specs... I couldnt imagine anything nicer.
QUOTE Thanks
Jamo

Jamo is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro C2D : 15.4" : 2GB : 120GB : Glossy

I think he meant how could he tell just by looking at the laptop. And if not, I still don't think you could tell just by using the computer. There'd be no way to tell you were on a Core 2 Duo vs. a Core Duo by simply running it.

To answer your question, yes, you can tell. Go to the blue apple up top left and click "About this Mac" and it will bring up a window telling you what version OS you're running, RAM amount, and Processor type. Here is an example:
QUOTE Thanks
hojkoff_101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamo View Post
I think he meant how could he tell just by looking at the laptop.
Yup, thats what I ment. No way then? Guess that I'll jsut have to trust the guy :confused:
QUOTE Thanks
Jamo

If you're buying this online then I suggest having him send you a screen cap of your name next to the OS X About this Mac bubble. I mean, he could still screw you by doing just that on an actual Core 2 Duo, but ****, at least it puts him in a position where he has to actively lie. Also, you'll have the correspondence between the two of you asking him to prove to you that it is a Core 2 Duo, which would be valid evidence if he does indeed screw you over and you need to contact authorities.
QUOTE Thanks
NYCGPS

Hey Can I ask you guys something ?

how I thought that Jobs said Intel sucks and would never consider them. What happen now? wheres the PowerPC Buddy ?
QUOTE Thanks Received Warning
Scroatdog

Scroatdog will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGPS View Post
Hey Can I ask you guys something ?

how I thought that Jobs said Intel sucks and would never consider them. What happen now? wheres the PowerPC Buddy ?

This guy is a friggin' troll. Second of two posts bashing Apple.

Ban him.

1) Powerbook G4 12" 1.5 GHz, iWork, Ilife 06, Logic Pro, Office 2K4
2) A PC with a bunch of stuff in it.
QUOTE Thanks
hojkoff_101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamo View Post
If you're buying this online then I suggest having him send you a screen cap of your name next to the OS X About this Mac bubble. I mean, he could still screw you by doing just that on an actual Core 2 Duo, but ****, at least it puts him in a position where he has to actively lie.
He won't open the box as he wants to sell it brand new. Which is fair enough if you ask me. It is going through paypal so if he does outright lie to me then that would be pretty substantial ground to get my money back.
QUOTE Thanks
NYCGPS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroatdog View Post
This guy is a friggin' troll. Second of two posts bashing Apple.

Ban him.
You guys just cant accept the fact that Apple sucks. Simple.

Also the fact that you *ooooo Think different* guys always get *second hand* technology from the PC big brother.

Live in Apple's dreams
QUOTE Thanks
surfwax95

surfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" Powerbook G4 24" iMac iPhone 3Gs

No joke! Apple friggin' sucks. I want a Dell, I just can't get one...

I try to Command+Shift+/ when I can.
They're - Their - There | Two - Too - To | You're - Your | MAC - Mac
I was on the M-F honor roll for October, 2006.
QUOTE Thanks
NYCGPS1

Sorry I dont buy Dell either, they're even worst than Apple.

Wonder why their Laptop exploded first ?
QUOTE Thanks
Jamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hojkoff_101 View Post
He won't open the box as he wants to sell it brand new. Which is fair enough if you ask me. It is going through paypal so if he does outright lie to me then that would be pretty substantial ground to get my money back.
It does say Core 2 Duo on the box, ask him for a picture of the box with your name written on a piece of paper or something. And ask for the serial number off that box, so you know he is actually sending you the proper one and you'll be able to tell without opening. I've attached a picture that which is what you should expect from him.

QUOTE Thanks
sixslinger

sixslinger will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2.0 GHz Macbook Pro, 1.5 GB RAM.....1.83 GHz Macbook 1 GB RAM

if your looking at the computer while its open, the core2duo MBP's do not have a status light visible to the right of the isight camera. The new models have the light built in under the case.
QUOTE Thanks
Sobe

Sobe will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 17" 2.8ghz Macbook Pro, 32GB iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGPS1 View Post

Also the fact that you *ooooo Think different* guys always get *second hand* technology from the PC big brother.

Live in Apple's dreams
Hey, let us know when your precious Windows OSX... I mean Vista is released.
QUOTE Thanks
rukind2

rukind2 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 13" Air, 2 Ghz Intel Core i7, 500 SSD, 8G Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGPS1 View Post

Live in Apple's dreams
Who is this loser? Must be unhappy with the PC world if he wants to spend time here. Bashing Apple is kids stuff. Bring on something more credible than Apple sucks. You suck. Does that mean anything? Nope.

Bring something that matters, that counts, that's adult and mature. Otherise, stay in your PC world and leave us alone.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Need iBook G3 parts [hd,ram,airport] | how to take out disk from CD-Drive »