iBook Macally Power Adapter

I wasn't sure whether to post this in the Item Review forum or hardware, seeing as it's a piece of hardware, I posted it here.

My iBook G4 charger broke after a while of using it, it was old. I wasn't gonna buy the apple one to replace it, too expensive, so I bought the 3rd party adapter by a company called Macally.

I later got to the reviews and seen problems with it. I had been getting these problems with this charger for a while. I posted this here on a mac forum to see if I and the Amazon buyers were the only people getting this problem.

The Problem is:
    This charger after a while, stops charging properly, sometimes it chargers, others the connection stops and I lose battery. I have lost much of my work on photoshop for this.. (I should have saved it )

Another problem is if I keep it in for a few minutes after it reaching full battery, my laptop overheats and unexpectedly turns off.

If anyone else is having this problem with this charger, reply here. (I couldn't find anymore threads about it) and I also warn other mac users not to buy this.

(PS. I'll post a bit more later, I'm in a rush)

Specs:
    MacBook Pro Retina 13" • iPhone 6 • iPad Air • and many iPods
    I bought a refurbed iBook from MacRestore.com and it came with a MacAlly adapter.

In over 18 months of use it's acted flawlessly.

My guess is that you simply have a bad one.

I have been through 2 macally chargers, each has had the problem.

I really am having a problem now, my laptop is completely drained of battery and it won't charge AT ALL! I have been spending days on google trying to find a solution and there's nothing.

And the apple shop in jersey has no apple power adaptors. And amazon.co.uk doesn't either.

Specs:
    MacBook
    It is possible that the problem is not with the adapters at all. You could have a problem with the charging unit on your logic board itself.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

I'm not sure, is there any way I can find out? I am new to all this stuff.

I would start by trying to reset the PMU: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=14449

But it could be the battery. I had issues with my battery that sound similar to the problems you are having. I had to try a friend's battery to isolate the problem.

I'd do that, but my laptop is completely drained of it's battery and will no longer charge long enough for me to turn it on.

I am really having a problem now, my battery is rapidly flashing and it won't go past the startup chime.

My laptop, I managed to charge 1 hour into it, and turned it on, it suddenly turned off again, and even with 1 hour of battery, it won't turn on atall now.

Thread Information