New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

print server help

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

qc dsm tsi

hey guys got another question for you...

I just got a Linksys wireless G printserver and having some problems setting it up.

What i have is a epson r300 and what to use the appletalk ( I think this is what i need to use to set up wirless printserver)

Well i have the router and printserver all set up, it works, i tested it with my pc.

Has anyone had any experience with this kind of setup.

When i try to set up the printer, i got to system prefereces, then add a printer, then apple talk. My printer is not in the pull down tab in the printer model section. I downloaded and istalled the printer software off of the epson website, it is in there. When i go to select other printer in the pull down menu, this is where i run into problems. Im not sure were the drivers get installed, or even the file name, or extension for this (im new at this, a week and counting!!!)

sorry for this being so long, i figured if i spelled it out as much as i could it would help you to understand.

Any help or direction would be much apprieciated.
QUOTE Thanks
qc dsm tsi

just kind of a update, I was able to select the Epson Printer the 960 from the list, and it printed. So i guess my question is mainly how do you install a printer into the drop down menu, so i can select it

I know someone has run into something like this.
QUOTE Thanks
qc dsm tsi

seriously no one can help out!!!????
QUOTE Thanks
lzasitko

Can't help you with your network problem though I will be trying to get a shared printer running in the next few weeks. I have a mixed bag or 2 Mac's (iMac + iBook) / 4 PC's through a router and hub. I have a Epson c80 printer hooked up direct to the iMac and it works without problems, no drivers required under OSX 10.2.8. I have two other printers that I would like to share a hp 1120c wide carriage and a hp g85 officejet (all in one with fax etc) so will let you know how I fair with it.

Their are several other iBook forums that see more or less traffic than this one. Mac Addict has a pretty good one and see a lot of posts. PowerBookMedic.com has one also.

Larry
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« ibook and final cut express 2 | death of an ibook »