New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Is My Canon Printer Doomed???

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

marksolomos

marksolomos is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: PB G4 17" 1.33GH OS X

GOT THIS NEW 17" 1.33GH POWERBOOK JUST RECENTLY AFTER STRUGGLING WITH WINDOWS FOR 5 YEARS! HAVE THIS REALLY GOOD AND EXPENSIVE CANON BJC 80 PRINTER WHICH HAS GOT PARALLEL PORT AND IRD BUT NO USB. BEEN TOLD THAT I COULD GET AN ADAPTOR FOR LP1 TO USB BUT HAVENT FOUND ANY SO FAR! FURTHERMORE THERE IS NO DRIVER SOFTWARE IN CANON'S WEBSITE FOR MAC! :confused: WHAT DO I DO NOW? DO I SELL MY PRINTER (WHICH I LOVE ) AND BUY A MAC COMPATIBLE AND IF SO WHICH ONE?

PLEASE HELP A NEWLY BAPTISED MAC-MANIAC

MARK
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/p_..._Printers.php3

That program is built into Panther so you should have no problems installing it

http://www.cablemax.com/show-item.cf...lel-cables.cfm

theres the adapter that you would be looking for
No need to toss the printer

Easy on the Caps Lock next time

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
marksolomos

marksolomos is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: PB G4 17" 1.33GH OS X

Thanks a lot, Great help! The only thing is that I'm in UK so I'll have to find the cable here now that I know it exists!

Cheers!

Mark
QUOTE Thanks
StarManta

eBay it.
QUOTE Thanks
PowerbookG417

As speaking as a past tech agent for a major printer company i wouldn highly not suggest using that cable adapter its going to be really dirty as far as communication..not saying its not going to work it might work might not half the time from past expierence.
personnaly if you having as much problems as you are with drivers and cable your best off to either find a print server that is compatible or just sell it off going to be less head aches
QUOTE Thanks
PowerbookG417

but then that is just from the calls that i got...and no one calls into tech support to claim how well these adapters work..so i really only get to hear of the bad cases..but from the bad cases..id say no
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« what is max ram for my iBook?? | Pondering aloud... »