New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Good deal?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

taylorwilsdon

taylorwilsdon is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 2.4ghz 4GB RAM

A friend of mine wants to move to a Macbook and he offered me his 12 inch powerbook (1.33ghz, 256 ouch ram, superdrive, 80 gig hdd) and 400 cash for my white macbook 2ghz 1gb 80gb superdrive.

Is this a good deal or no?
QUOTE Thanks
MacMania55

MacMania55 is a jewel in the roughMacMania55 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.16 ghz. 1 gb ram. 250 GB HDD. Screamer! 2gb ipod nano. 17 in powerbook G4 1.67/1 Gb/120gb

Hmmm i dont think so

MacMania55
QUOTE Thanks
taylorwilsdon

Just a fyi it has a pretty big crack in the case near the edge (metal split from plastic)

Otherwise its in pretty good condition.
QUOTE Thanks
taylorwilsdon

Good deal?
A friend of mine wants to move to a Macbook and he offered me his 12 inch powerbook (1.33ghz, 256 ouch ram, superdrive, 80 gig hdd) and 400 cash for my white macbook 2ghz 1gb 80gb superdrive.

Is this a good deal or no?
QUOTE Thanks
CTSxViper

CTSxViper is on a distinguished road

Depends if you can live with a Powerbook. I am not a big fan of Macbooks. Do you need to run Intel software? Ask yourself those questions. My opinion is if a G4 will do whay you need, and the PB is in excellent shape, might not be a bad deal. It really is your call though.
QUOTE Thanks
techster82

techster82 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Unibody Macbook 2.0, Blackberry Bold (Good Riddance iPhone)

Wrong forum for this thread.
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by techster82
Wrong forum for this thread.
I agree. :black:
Moved to a more appropriate forum.
:black:

Personally, you would be getting the shaft in this deal. Don't get me wrong, PB's are great machines, but for what you would be getting your friend would need to cough up a little more cash. More like $650 to $700 PLUS the PowerBook.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

i agree with db as always....

-chris

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

Mod note: Merged with other thread and given a better home, at least I hope it was given a better home seeing that Devilboy was going to move eet. :eek:
QUOTE Thanks
taylorwilsdon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSxViper
Depends if you can live with a Powerbook. I am not a big fan of Macbooks. Do you need to run Intel software? Ask yourself those questions. My opinion is if a G4 will do whay you need, and the PB is in excellent shape, might not be a bad deal. It really is your call though.
I'm not going to be keeping it - just reselling it.

So its not a good deal for me? :headphone
QUOTE Thanks
CJ064

CJ064 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro

i just got 875 on ebay for my 12" 1.33 80gb 1.25gig memory. it was mint and had all original packaging install disks and i had also purchased tiger which went with it.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Do you like your Macbook? Does it have any issues? If no, I would just keep it and save yourself the trouble. Who knows, besides that crack, there maybe other issues with the PowerBook that might get in the way of you selling it and gettting another Macbook to replace yours. If the Powerbook was in perfect shape I would say it would not be a bad deal.
QUOTE Thanks
taylorwilsdon

It is not in perfect shape, nor is it in very good shape either. Werther or not I like my macbook is a moot point since I'm selling it either way, I'm just looking for the way to get the most money out of it - however, if the difference (selling the pb + taking cash) vs just selling it would be minimal, then I'd like to help my friend out because he really wants it.

However, if I'm getting a crap deal, I'd like to know.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

I did answer the question. I threw the part about the MacBook in as for some reason I thought you were selling the Powerbook if you got it to and getting another Macbook.

With it cracked and with small amount of RAM I don't feel it's a very good deal at all. Maybe it was dropped at one time so there might be other problems. If the Powerbook was in good shape I would say it was a very good deal if you are after making $$$.
QUOTE Thanks
taylorwilsdon

There isn't any shady dealings (drops ect) that I don't know about because this is a friend of mine, not somebody on the internet or something. It just got a smashed corner in some sort of accident - its pretty brutal though . I think I'm just going to let him sell it and buy the Macbook from me with cash.

Thanks for the advice

(and eric, if you read this - read above haha)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« macbook or macbook pro | MacBook discoloration? »