New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Battery Health

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

userofreality

userofreality is on a distinguished road

My battery health is at 96% (as read by IStat)
Does this fluctuate?
What is normal?

My MBP is about a week old...
I recently did the calibration...
QUOTE Thanks
plpete

plpete is on a distinguished road

i was going to ask the same thing since my MBP shows the same thing.
QUOTE Thanks
Ninjab3ar

Ninjab3ar has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.16ghz Core Duo | 1GB RAM | 100 GB HDD | 256MB ATI RADEON x1600

Maybe its iStat?
QUOTE Thanks
sixslinger

sixslinger will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2.0 GHz Macbook Pro, 1.5 GB RAM.....1.83 GHz Macbook 1 GB RAM

it definitely changes with age....with your MBP being so new, i would try to get a different reading....try downloading a freeware program called "coconut battery"
QUOTE Thanks
todd51

You can also try out Coconut Battery, google for it and download it..it's a nifty little program. Yes your battery does fluctuate, it's normal. Just remember to use it every once in a while. Mine does stay at around 94-95% for the most part. There were times when it said the health was at about 84%..but all I had to do was re-calibrate. :mac:

Here is what I have. I have had my MBP since August 06.

EDIT: Man, sixslinger, ya beat me!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 1.jpg (49.3 KB, 27 views)
QUOTE Thanks
nukemm

nukemm is a jewel in the roughnukemm is a jewel in the roughnukemm is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook

Heh... look at mine...
Attached Images
File Type: png Picture 1.png (100.1 KB, 32 views)

Don't forget to use the reputation system!
My Setup
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixslinger View Post
it definitely changes with age....with your MBP being so new, i would try to get a different reading....try downloading a freeware program called "coconut battery"
You don't even need to do that. Just use the System Profiler, found in your Utilities folder.
Open that and then click the 'Power' section. You will find all the same information as Coconut Battery there, without the need for downloading and installing an extra (and rather buggy, I might add) application.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
melmation

melmation has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 1st Gen with upgraded Ram and Hard drive

Hello DevilBoy,

Just wondering, I have been using Coconut Battery for over 2 months now, and just wondered what sort of buggs you had found in it?

I am just wondering if I am missing out on something wrong with it

MacBook Pro 1.83Ghz 2Gb RAM 320Gb hard drive
iPhone 4 16Gb
iPod photo 20Gb
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmation View Post
Hello DevilBoy,

Just wondering, I have been using Coconut Battery for over 2 months now, and just wondered what sort of buggs you had found in it?

I am just wondering if I am missing out on something wrong with it
I was going on the opinion of others. Personally, I have never seen the need for it, since the information it gives is readily available without it.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
nukemm

nukemm is a jewel in the roughnukemm is a jewel in the roughnukemm is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook

I have greater than 100% battery capacity on my MBP. I think that's a flaw.

Don't forget to use the reputation system!
My Setup
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How easy is it to upgrade MB Pro hardware? | Macbook and LCD TV? »