New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

iBook - clamshell startup issue

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

desrosiers13

desrosiers13 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gig ram, 120 gig-----Powerbook G3 Pismo 500, 1gig ram, 80 gig HD, DVD/CD-RW

ok, heres the deal, i just got my iimac intoday, so i connected it via firewire to my old ibook to retrieve all my data. Worked fine and then when i went to start up the ibook, it gives me the flashing folder and question mark/mac smiley face. I then hooked it up again to the imac to make sure the HD is ok and it seems to be fine. it munts fine. I tured using m tiger disc to start up from there and it wont for some reason. I dont know what is going on here...any help would be great!! i also tried holding down the OPTION key and it shows the osc HD and osx DVD Rom...i can select either one, but it wont go anywhere from there. so i have no clue what to do.
QUOTE Thanks
desrosiers13

desrosiers13 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gig ram, 120 gig-----Powerbook G3 Pismo 500, 1gig ram, 80 gig HD, DVD/CD-RW

jeese...i feel like an idiot...i forgot i took out all of the memory haha...i put it back and there is my OSX
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 18.2% of MBP's need repair within 12 months of Purchase?? | Annoying Creaking Noise! Problem too small ? »