New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Funny sounds

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Bluewolf

At certian times I can hear these high pitched bleeps comming from my PB everynow and agian, usually when it is computing something for example when using safari it usually occurs when I am loading a new webpage.

As I am using a USB ADSL modem I can safely say the problem is not the internal modem, but these strange sounds do have me worried considering my PB is brand new. Should I be worried, or are those sounds 'normal', as I now believe that they are comming from my HD.
QUOTE Thanks
EYPUFF

EYPUFF is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Aluminum PowerBook G4. 15.2" SUPAH-drive

They are normal. No one has really found out why it makes these sounds. Or at least, if they have then I haven't read why. But yah, you shouldn't be too worried.
QUOTE Thanks
Bluewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYPUFF
They are normal. No one has really found out why it makes these sounds. Or at least, if they have then I haven't read why. But yah, you shouldn't be too worried.
Phew saved myself a trip into London. (Official Apple Retailers are few and far between across the Atlantic.)
QUOTE Thanks
sonnylee

It's from the processor. If you set your processor on full power instead of automatic, this baby gets really ferocious (loud!).
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Beeeeep!!!! | Is there any way to check for bad sectors? »