New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - Got my new black Macbook, oh boy.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Apfel

Apfel is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Black MacBook 1,1 + IMAC G5

On a recent trip to Vegas, instead of wasting money in bars or gambling it away I picked up my new black Macbook and I love it. Plus I got to pay less tax in Nevada vesus in TN.
The other night I went to a local coffee shop with it and my laptop was super popular there.

Black is back.

:-)

H
QUOTE Thanks
sursuciofla

Woohoo...Congrats!!! People with any Mac usually get extra stares and attention. It is a perk you get when you purchase, :black:! The blackbooks are pretty sweet though.
QUOTE Thanks
BlueBacchus

BlueBacchus is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: White MacBook @ 2ghz, 1 gig of ram, 100GB HDD

Well I don't think there is anything "special" about owning a mac anymore, since you seem them more and more. Really nothing to brag about if you ask me.

My Avatar says it all.
QUOTE Thanks
todd51

Quote:
Well I don't think there is anything "special" about owning a mac anymore, since you seem them more and more. Really nothing to brag about if you ask me.
That is very true, I see MBPs and regular Macbooks everywhere in the campus library at night. I thought I'd be one of the few ones there, but I was wrong!
QUOTE Thanks
sursuciofla

That's the Intel buzz. I guess I am living in the G4 days. Didn't see too many ibooks and PBs around. But remember, in the real world you will not see soo many. I don't go out and see Mac laptops at every coffee shop and Wi-Fi bar. In the school setting Macs are very popular and Apple gears a lot of their products towards the academic market meaning students and educators. So I would have to say it is the setting that you are in that gives you the impression that you have. I live in it so I know.
QUOTE Thanks
cjay

cjay is a jewel in the roughcjay is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apfel
On a recent trip to Vegas, instead of wasting money in bars or gambling it away I picked up my new black Macbook and I love it. Plus I got to pay less tax in Nevada vesus in TN.
The other night I went to a local coffee shop with it and my laptop was super popular there.

Black is back.

:-)

H
I think the black MacBook, iPod and the new Nano look the business. I decided on a black video iPod because so many people had the white ones. It seems weird now but to own something Apple in black makes you different.

By the way if you had searched similar threads you'd know pictures are almost requisite for these type of posts.
QUOTE Thanks
Apfel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBacchus
It was actually all the folks with "older white sheep" mac ones giving a lot of attention to the only "black sheep" in the room. :-)

H
QUOTE Thanks
ripfrankwhite

ripfrankwhite will become famous soon enough

Any pics of the newborn? I love baby pics. You better take 'em now, they grow up so fast!
QUOTE Thanks
Apfel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripfrankwhite
Any pics of the newborn? I love baby pics. You better take 'em now, they grow up so fast!
There she is in all her pride with a still clean desktop. :-)

H

QUOTE Thanks
novicew

novicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)

Looks really nice. I wish I also could buy one of those
QUOTE Thanks
chaslam

chaslam is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP C2D 2GB, 24" imac 4GB

Now what will turn heads is a an apple laptop, but running windows. Will confuse the out of everybody haha.

Admin of the 3G Forum

http://www.3g.co.uk/3GForum/index.php?referrerid=2359
QUOTE Thanks
Loricybin

Loricybin is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Black 13 in. MacBook, 2 GHz CPU, 2G RAM, 100GB HD

new to the forums, new to macs, but i've got one of these same macbooks on its way into my hands right now.
rock-in-the-box :black:

18th birthday for the win!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Front Row on G4? | Odd chirping sound on new MacBook Pro »