New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

PowerBook - Hello all and a question?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Pson

Pson is on a distinguished road

Hello all, I have had my Mac for 2 years now and just started finding out how to use that puppy. But I just found out that you can add ram to her? I read somewhere that if you have a labtop you couldn't. So I found out what kind of ram to use and am thinking about just adding a 5er instead of a full gb. Now I have a 5er now so does that mean that I have two 2ers or just one 5er with an open spot for more ram? Also I read somewhere its under the battery is there a way to input the ram chips without taking the case off?

I am sorry and know I will be reemed for asking these simple (to you but not me) questions. I have a few more questions too but will wait to see how bad I get killed for this one...lol.
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

What model PowerBook do you have? Processor speed, model number, screen size... something to let us know which one it is so we can let you know what RAM to get.
PowerBooks are really simple to install more RAM into, so once we know what model you have, we can let you know how to do it as well.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
Pson

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3v1L80Y
What model PowerBook do you have? Processor speed, model number, screen size... something to let us know which one it is so we can let you know what RAM to get.
PowerBooks are really simple to install more RAM into, so once we know what model you have, we can let you know how to do it as well.
Well thank you so much for the reply and help. I do have to say I am sorry, very sorry. I am all wrong on this I have a iBook G4 with a 1.2GHz PowerPC G4, 512 MD DDR Sdram. Also I did so reading (more) and found the best web site ever, and it shows me step by step on what to do. Then I found out that there is only one slot for ram, and I already have 512 so the 1GB would be next. I don't know if I can get a larger HD or maybe a DVD+CD burner (but think it would have to be outside). The other question I really wanted to ask is hot do you guys cool you're labtop? But I thank you for your time and quick reply. I will go post on the right forum and quit wasting your time and help people that will need it for thier MacBook and Powerbooks...lol
QUOTE Thanks
Pson

Sorry but I just read where your from....I grew up in Gettysburg PA but live in Pittsburgh for now.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Is your iBook the 12" or 14" screen?
QUOTE Thanks
Pson

I would say 14" but I swear it was a 17"
QUOTE Thanks
sixslinger

sixslinger will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2.0 GHz Macbook Pro, 1.5 GB RAM.....1.83 GHz Macbook 1 GB RAM

ibooks dont come in 17"
QUOTE Thanks
Pson

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixslinger
ibooks dont come in 17"
Yeah I know...lol. I love the size..its great!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Busted display, backlight issue? | MagStay Pro for MacBoook Pro »