New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - Urgent Help! MacBook restart disk!!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mircobeake

mircobeake is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook pro early 2011

I just purchased I brand new Macbook Intel core duo ex display from PC world
And unfortunately I was given a Mac BOOK Pro Install disc.
I deleted everything on the hard drive to perform a clean install.
I restart the computer from cd holding down the c key. all goes well till langiage selection and after that `i get a message saying " Thius software cannot be installed"
Does that mean that the macbook pro restart disk is different from the macbook?
Do I need a disc especially for the macbook? UNfortuantely I explained thi ssituation to PC world but they looked at me as I was an alien and they couldn't understand the problem and said that the disc should work and they do not have any other restart disk for it.

Is this true? Please I really need to get working on my macbook and I now (stupid me) don't have the operating system running.

How can I solve this problem? is there anywhere I can download the restart disk?

Please help?

Thanks a lot

Mirco
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

You need the system specific disk

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by mircobeake
And unfortunately I was given a Mac BOOK Pro Install disc.....Do I need a disc especially for the macbook?
Yes, you will need the disk that was designed for your comptuer
Quote:
UNfortuantely I explained thi ssituation to PC world but they looked at me as I was an alien and they couldn't understand the problem and said that the disc should work and they do not have any other restart disk for it.

Is this true?
No, that is not true. They are mistaken and you will have to contact them again and ask to speak to someone until you can get the proper media for your machine
Quote:
Please I really need to get working on my macbook and I now (stupid me) don't have the operating system running.

How can I solve this problem? is there anywhere I can download the restart disk?
There isn't anywhere to download the install media from. If this retailer refuses to help you, then I would contact Apple directly and see if they can assist you.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
mircobeake

mircobeake is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook pro early 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by trpnmonkey41
You need the system specific disk
You mean I have to phone apple and get it delivered?
As I said the PC world shop doesn't have it as (lucky me) being an ex-display macbook it seems to have lost its original disk.

Everything happens to me when I need to get this going fast.

Thanks for your reply.

Mirco
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

Apple most likely won't help you since you purchased from PC World and they will tell you to take it up with them

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

Quote:
And unfortunately I was given a Mac BOOK Pro Install disc.
I deleted everything on the hard drive to perform a clean install.
I restart the computer from cd holding down the c key. all goes well till langiage selection and after that `i get a message saying " Thius software cannot be installed"
Does that mean that the macbook pro restart disk is different from the macbook?
Do I need a disc especially for the macbook? UNfortuantely I explained thi ssituation to PC world but they looked at me as I was an alien and they couldn't understand the problem and said that the disc should work and they do not have any other restart disk for it.

Is this true? Please I really need to get working on my macbook and I now (stupid me) don't have the operating system running.

Please help?

Thanks a lot

Mirco
Mirco, take the MacBook back to PC world with the install discs and your receipt and get a refund. It is unlikely that this problem will otherwise be resolved. The salesdude at PC world is the alien. He looked at you that way only because they are PC world and not Mac world so I wouldn't worry about that too much, you have commited no error, just concentrate in getting a full refund or another MacBook with the correct discs. :dive:
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Apple Care for 2 year old iBook G4 - Can it be bought? | Largest and Fastest HDD upgrade available? »