Specs:
    Macbook pro early 2011
    Urgent Help! MacBook restart disk!!!
    I just purchased I brand new Macbook Intel core duo ex display from PC world
    And unfortunately I was given a Mac BOOK Pro Install disc.
    I deleted everything on the hard drive to perform a clean install.
    I restart the computer from cd holding down the c key. all goes well till langiage selection and after that `i get a message saying " Thius software cannot be installed"
    Does that mean that the macbook pro restart disk is different from the macbook?
    Do I need a disc especially for the macbook? UNfortuantely I explained thi ssituation to PC world but they looked at me as I was an alien and they couldn't understand the problem and said that the disc should work and they do not have any other restart disk for it.

Is this true? Please I really need to get working on my macbook and I now (stupid me) don't have the operating system running.

How can I solve this problem? is there anywhere I can download the restart disk?

Please help?

Thanks a lot

Mirco

Specs:
    20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
    You need the system specific disk
    Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System

Specs:
    MacBook
    Quote Originally Posted by mircobeake
    And unfortunately I was given a Mac BOOK Pro Install disc.....Do I need a disc especially for the macbook?
    Yes, you will need the disk that was designed for your comptuer
    UNfortuantely I explained thi ssituation to PC world but they looked at me as I was an alien and they couldn't understand the problem and said that the disc should work and they do not have any other restart disk for it.

Is this true?
    No, that is not true. They are mistaken and you will have to contact them again and ask to speak to someone until you can get the proper media for your machine
    Please I really need to get working on my macbook and I now (stupid me) don't have the operating system running.

How can I solve this problem? is there anywhere I can download the restart disk?
    There isn't anywhere to download the install media from. If this retailer refuses to help you, then I would contact Apple directly and see if they can assist you.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Specs:
    Macbook pro early 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by trpnmonkey41
    You need the system specific disk
    You mean I have to phone apple and get it delivered?
    As I said the PC world shop doesn't have it as (lucky me) being an ex-display macbook it seems to have lost its original disk.

Everything happens to me when I need to get this going fast.

Thanks for your reply.

Mirco

Specs:
    20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
    Apple most likely won't help you since you purchased from PC World and they will tell you to take it up with them
    Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System

And unfortunately I was given a Mac BOOK Pro Install disc.
    I deleted everything on the hard drive to perform a clean install.
    I restart the computer from cd holding down the c key. all goes well till langiage selection and after that `i get a message saying " Thius software cannot be installed"
    Does that mean that the macbook pro restart disk is different from the macbook?
    Do I need a disc especially for the macbook? UNfortuantely I explained thi ssituation to PC world but they looked at me as I was an alien and they couldn't understand the problem and said that the disc should work and they do not have any other restart disk for it.

Is this true? Please I really need to get working on my macbook and I now (stupid me) don't have the operating system running.

Please help?

Thanks a lot

Mirco
    Mirco, take the MacBook back to PC world with the install discs and your receipt and get a refund. It is unlikely that this problem will otherwise be resolved. The salesdude at PC world is the alien. He looked at you that way only because they are PC world and not Mac world so I wouldn't worry about that too much, you have commited no error, just concentrate in getting a full refund or another MacBook with the correct discs. :dive:

Thread Information