Question Initial problem with Macbook!
    I received my Macbook on the 24 Sep around 5:00PM. After waiting for almost 10 days to receive, I plugged in the adapter and started working with the setup. It ended almost midnight and I have not noticed that the adapter's green light was not functioning.

In the morning, I took Macbook to my office without the adapter and started working with it. After nearly 45 minutes it gave a low battery signal, and I turned it off. Went back home, and put the adapter and read the manuals. Then I realized the green light did not lit. Made a system check and noticed that "battery not existing"...

Day after I called Apple - Turkey; very gentle technician told me to send the battery, which I did right after. Two days later the same gentleman calls and tells me that there is nothing wrong with the battery...

Since the Macbook works with the adapter on the mains, that means there's nothing wrong with the charger either.

Any suggestions...

Specs:
    24" iMac
    Quote Originally Posted by weakstorm
    I received my Macbook on the 24 Sep around 5:00PM. After waiting for almost 10 days to receive, I plugged in the adapter and started working with the setup. It ended almost midnight and I have not noticed that the adapter's green light was not functioning.

In the morning, I took Macbook to my office without the adapter and started working with it. After nearly 45 minutes it gave a low battery signal, and I turned it off. Went back home, and put the adapter and read the manuals. Then I realized the green light did not lit. Made a system check and noticed that "battery not existing"...

Day after I called Apple - Turkey; very gentle technician told me to send the battery, which I did right after. Two days later the same gentleman calls and tells me that there is nothing wrong with the battery...

Since the Macbook works with the adapter on the mains, that means there's nothing wrong with the charger either.

Any suggestions...
    There can still be something wrong with the charger. Many of them can be damaged in such a way that the laptop will still run on AC, but the battery will not be charged. I had a laptop that did this recently. I tried the charger first as I knew it could be a faulty charger and it was the cheapest thing to try ($50 vs $300). If Apple says the battery is fine then it must either be the charger or some component in the laptop between the charge input and the battery.

Thread Information