New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - MacBook Pro not sleeping when shut

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

boredomskater

My Macbook pro used to sleep when I closed the lid, and music playing in iTunes would shut off, but it no longer does this. I haven't changed any settings to my knowledge, so i'm just wondering what's going on?
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Make sure any USB devices aren't connected when you attempt to put it to sleep.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
boredomskater

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3v1L80Y
Make sure any USB devices aren't connected when you attempt to put it to sleep.
I always have a mighty mouse plugged in, and the macbook is plugged in through the AC adapter, and it would shut off the music and hibernated before.
QUOTE Thanks
red milk

red milk is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 1.5 GHz Pb G4 2 GB, imac 2.4 GHz 2 GB, iphone 16 GB

i had a problem like that with my powerbook once.
it turned out that the little magnet thingy that locks the lid with the computer stopped working and i had to have it replaced.
i suggest you go to your apple service and let them do that for you.
QUOTE Thanks
golfstyle

golfstyle is on a distinguished road

I had this problem too, where the MB would be constantly turning on and off and trying to access the superdrive. I realized that it was and SD expansion card that I had plugged in and left in there. I used to have to take the expansion card out all the time before I would close the MBP; now there must have been an update that fixed it because it doesn't do it anymore.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« dead harddrive | RAM Brand. »