Specs:
    MacBook 1.83 2GB RAM, 5G iPod 30GB
    Slight case creak on left hand side
    Just a petty issue, more of a slight annoyance than something I'm going to lose sleep over.

My MacBook has a slight creak on the side of the case, on the left underneath the connection ports. There's a very slight bit of play on the plastic, and the annoying creak sound if finger pressure is applied there.

I know these laptops aren't built to military specs and aren't certified to survive a trek through the sahara/antartic/amazon, just wondering if anybody else has this on their MacBooks too?

Yours faithfully, jleef, MacForum's hypochondriac of the day :doctor:

superdude
    I have something similar but it's on the side of the screen.
    It's on the left hand side as well about 3/4 down from top of the screen's bezel.
    If i press it, it'll pop.

pbook24
    i have the same thing on the left of the screen about a third of the way up from the bottom.

Specs:
    MacBook(W) 2Gb, 2Ghz & Bluetooth Mighty Mouse, Now my Apple glows colours, Red Apple and Green Leaf.
    I have a warped macbook!!

The bottom right where the IR is. If I put my Mac on my glass desk it wobbles. Also noticed that the battery doesnt fit correctly anymore. It used to be flush with the case but now you can easily feel the different fit levels. I'm just waiting for the Southampton, UK Apple store to open and I'll take it in for them to see and fix.
    It almost seems like the bottom right has lifted! As the other corners are stable.
    On a crusade to get all household electricals in Apple white!

Specs:
    Black MacBook. Once you go black, you never go back. 2.0 Ghz Intel Core Duo; 2 GB RAM; 80 GB HDD
    Quote Originally Posted by symondavis

The bottom right where the IR is. If I put my Mac on my glass desk it wobbles. Also noticed that the battery doesnt fit correctly anymore. It used to be flush with the case but now you can easily feel the different fit levels. I'm just waiting for the Southampton, UK Apple store to open and I'll take it in for them to see and fix.
    It almost seems like the bottom right has lifted! As the other corners are stable.
    Let us know if they will repair something like that b/c i actually have the same issue.

pbook24
    another thing, it looks light my batttery doesnt fit correctly, like there is a space between the batt. and the case on the outside part, my old macbook didnt have that

Specs:
    Macbook - White, 2.0Ghz, 1GB Ram, week 35
    I have the same thing on the top of the screen... to the right of the camera. If I push it in, it pops.

It reminds me of that board game Trouble with the pop-o-matic bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by superdude
    I have something similar but it's on the side of the screen.
    It's on the left hand side as well about 3/4 down from top of the screen's bezel.
    If i press it, it'll pop.
    Same with mine...and I just got my macbook 2 days ago!

Specs:
    MacBook(W) 2Gb, 2Ghz & Bluetooth Mighty Mouse, Now my Apple glows colours, Red Apple and Green Leaf.
    That popping sound is because the light grey surround slips into the inside of the white exterior. The white casing is actually deforming to allow the grey plate to site inside.

Anyhow What made you want to pust this area around your screen in the first place!
    On a crusade to get all household electricals in Apple white!

CWMac
    My cars side panels make a popping noise when i push against them.

See how silly it sounds? If you go around squeezing plastic or metal panels or constructs, of course they will warp ,pop, and ping

Stop squeezing yer books and just use em.The warping is of course a different matter lol.

Specs:
    White MacBook, 2GHZ Intel Core Duo, 60GB HD, 2GB DDRAM
    i got mine this week, and mines isn't warped, but you can feel that there is a level difference between the battery and the rest of the under side of my computer. Is it suppose to be like that or is ti suppose to be a smooth surface ?

Man this feels like a dicussion on iLounge.com about iPod care. i say take all your macbooks back and get new ones, mines fine of course i just use it for work and dont inspect it like a prise trophey i would say that if it is completely warped there is a concern there...

Quote Originally Posted by devast8or
    Man this feels like a dicussion on iLounge.com about iPod care. i say take all your macbooks back and get new ones, mines fine of course i just use it for work and dont inspect it like a prise trophey i would say that if it is completely warped there is a concern there...
    How would you go about exchanging your macbook for a new one? I bought mine online, so would I have to call apple? Would they actually give me a new one?

Specs:
    2.0 macbook
    the wear on my macbook has been really bad. One I have the yellow stain on my mac, plus I have the crack on the side of the screen, finally the bottom grips are all weared out. Im taking it in asap.

Specs:
    Macbook (black) 2.0 core2, 2gigs ram, 120gig HD / 24" iMac, 2.33 core 2, 2 gig, 256 grapics, 500hd
    Quote Originally Posted by symondavis

mine has the exact same thing, is yours a black one?

Thread Information