Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hot, new Macbook! (help please!)
    Okay I just got my mac book today and I'm not too sure if I like it...I'm actually on my Windows pc as I write this! lol.

I tried searching, but couldn't come up with the right answer- What is this Core Duo Temp thing? Should I download it? My laptop has already gotten pretty hot, what should I do?

Did anyone have difficulties with typing on their macbook when they first got it? I cannot seem to type without making errors! It drives me nuts! I love how fast I can type on my regular keyboard! But it's a mess when I try to type fast on my laptop.

Thanks

Specs:
    MacBook Pro Unibody
    I can't answer your first question, but for your second. Thats just the same with any 13" laptop. The keyboard is way smaller than a normal one, it takes getting used to.

--lifeafter2am
    masakatsu agatsu

@lifeafter2am

Specs:
    MacBook
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeafter2am
    The keyboard is way smaller than a normal one, it takes getting used to.

--lifeafter2am
    Actually, it is a full-size keyboard. In fact, all of Apple's notebook computers have full-size keyboards.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacBook Technical Specifications
    Input
    Built-in full-size keyboard with 78 (U.S.) or 79 (ISO) keys, including 12 function keys, 4 arrow keys (inverted "T" arrangement), and embedded numeric keypad
    http://www.apple.com/macbook/specs.html

To the OP, as long as your computer functions normally, the temperature really shouldn't be a huge concern. ALL notebook computers run hot.
    :black:
    http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=30612

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Specs:
    MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
    I dont mind the keyboard at all, of course it takes some adjustment, just as they keyboard you are used too took some adjustment when you first received it.

Specs:
    MacBook Pro Unibody
    Quote Originally Posted by D3v1L80Y
    Actually, it is a full-size keyboard. In fact, all of Apple's notebook computers have full-size keyboards.

http://www.apple.com/macbook/specs.html

To the OP, as long as your computer functions normally, the temperature really shouldn't be a huge concern. ALL notebook computers run hot.
    :black:
    http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=30612
    Wow even on the macbook. Cool, you learn something new every day. I was so used to my ergonomic keyboard that it took me a while to get used to it.

--lifeafter2am
    masakatsu agatsu

@lifeafter2am

CWMac
    It might be full size but it aint the size of a keyboard (pc desktop style) The one thing that got me at first was even with the setting to ignore accidental trackpad touches, when typing my thumb kept touching and moving the cursor.So id be typing then next minute my text was appearing way up the top etc lol.

Why are people so obessed with the Mb temp lol. It runs cooler to touch than most PC laptops ive used and is dam sight quieter. OP search for Core Duo Temp widget. Use that to tell you the temp but to be honest like stated unless it stops working due to over heating its no problem.

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPhone 3GS Note 8!
    The Mac Laptop keyboards have always been great for my hands. The only keyboard I can go faster on is this Thinkpad I am typing this on at the moment. I have heard that some have had to get used to the design of the Macbook's keyboard and once they did they loved it. Give it more time. I tried one at CompUSA and it felt fine and I was able to type on it well in just minutes. The Keyboard on Mac Notebooks is as good as any I have ever tried on any Notebook computer and like DB said, it's Full sized, but do not expect any Laptop/Notebook keyboard to be as large as an external keyboard.

Specs:
    MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshine1686
    Okay I just got my mac book today and I'm not too sure if I like it...I'm actually on my Windows pc as I write this! lol.

I tried searching, but couldn't come up with the right answer- What is this Core Duo Temp thing? Should I download it? My laptop has already gotten pretty hot, what should I do?

Did anyone have difficulties with typing on their macbook when they first got it? I cannot seem to type without making errors! It drives me nuts! I love how fast I can type on my regular keyboard! But it's a mess when I try to type fast on my laptop.

Thanks

Core Duo Temp is at www.macupdate.com or send me your email and ill email you the application.

I have never had any problems wth my macbook, i wish i woulda gotten the 2gb ram, but thats it. Im still a newbie to the apple community, but absolutly will not go back to microsoft! You will get used to it, and figure out it is alot safer and nicer then a PC.

Specs:
    MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
    Ive had my MacBook for 6 days and I am completely adjusted to using it.

Specs:
    Macbook Pro 2.4ghz 4GB RAM
    I felt the same way as you with the heat issues - it was definitely a deal breaker for me. Take it to your local apple store and they might say its defective and get you a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine1686
    Thanks
    It's gotten hot? What laptop are you comparing it to? Specs?

Specs:
    i dont have no mac's
    to help answer you and clarify a few things i have read here:

first off i would like to state that the MB and MBP are notebooks and not laptops and apples website states that as well.
    Intel Core Duo
    Built upon the revolutionary Intel Core Duo — with two processor cores on a single chip — MacBook leaves other consumer notebooks in the dust. It performs up to five times faster than the previous generation iBook without compromising on size or style.
    Core duo temp is just a way of monitoring your computers temperature. if you like to know how hot or cool it really is just download it. watching your temperature will do nothing for you though. if you dont have it and your notebook gets too hot it will turn itself off. This article gives the general idea of it although not completely related to heat issues
    http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=302856

you will get used to the keyboard very quickly, all keyboards will feel a little different from the others but in a few hours you should be getting used to it.

the 'ignore trackpad' button issue. if you are not actively typing, or you pause briefly in typing your trackpad will 'reactivate' and if you touch it your cursor is going to move. also proper typing technique requires that your palms do not touch any surface so your thumbs should never go near the trackpad anyway.

good day
    -chris
    MoTM honor roll...
    when?
    i dont remember

sursuciofla
    Quote Originally Posted by coach_z
    to help answer you and clarify a few things i have read here:

first off i would like to state that the MB and MBP are notebooks and not laptops and apples website states that as well.
    A laptop is a portable computer...coined notebook because laptops these days create too much heat to sit on lap. But a notebook in fact is something I use to take notes. So although they are not "lap"tops they are in fact laptops. I am able to use my laptop on my lap because I purchased the lapdesk (Targus) and it is fantastic.

Also read this it is quite interesting to read the history although I am familiar with a lot of it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notebook_computer

Apple has come a long way baby!!! :mac:

When i use handbrake to xfer movies from dvd to my ipod, It goes up to 83 degrees... Is this normal?

Specs:
    i dont have no mac's
    Quote Originally Posted by VTECMAN
    When i use handbrake to xfer movies from dvd to my ipod, It goes up to 83 degrees... Is this normal?
    make sure to remember this, it is listed in DB's link above all of us
    Quote Originally Posted by apple.com
    There are third-party utilities that measure the temperature of a notebook. It is important to understand that these utilities are not measuring the external case temperature. The actual case temperature is much lower. Never use third-party applications to diagnose possible hardware issues—instead, call Apple or go to an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider
    and oh yes, 83 should be fine.
    -chris
    MoTM honor roll...
    when?
    i dont remember

Thread Information