Thread: Please help ...

Unhappy Please help ...
    Okay. I own a iBook G4. I am running Mac OSX Tiger. Unless I remember to close the lid, my cat has a weird affliction with sleeping on the keyboard, and today was one of those days that I forgot. Usually he just turns on caps lock and maybe changes the region, but today ... I do not know what he did. The resolution is suddenly MASSIVE, to the point where I can't even see the mouse, let alone the tool bar or the dock. I can, however, see the colours of my background. When I press the Expose keys, I can see the edges dim so I am assuming that he just changed a setting and didn't completely destroy a piece of equipment. It's like he changed the resolution to a size my 12" screen cannot even begin to handle. The computer boots up normally, and it isn't until I have logged in that the resolution changes to this extremely strange setting. How do I change it back? If I can't figure out how to change it back ... what's my next step? I really do not want to format it and start again ... Any help would be SO appreciated.

Unhappy Please help me!
    I already posted this in the iBook forum, but I guess it's also applicable to this forum as well ... so here goes.

Okay. I own a iBook G4. I am running Mac OSX Tiger. Unless I remember to close the lid, my cat has a weird affliction with sleeping on the keyboard, and today was one of those days that I forgot. Usually he just turns on caps lock and maybe changes the region, but today ... I do not know what he did. The resolution is suddenly MASSIVE, to the point where I can't even see the mouse, let alone the tool bar or the dock. I can, however, see the colours of my background. When I press the Expose keys, I can see the edges dim so I am assuming that he just changed a setting and didn't completely destroy a piece of equipment. It's like he changed the resolution to a size my 12" screen cannot even begin to handle. The computer boots up normally, and it isn't until I have logged in that the resolution changes to this extremely strange setting. How do I change it back? If I can't figure out how to change it back ... what's my next step? I really do not want to format it and start again ... Any help would be SO appreciated.

To reset resolution go to System Prefs which is in the blue apple icon.

In the window that opens, select Display and then you'll see a list of resolutions to choose from.

I don't know your default reso I guess it would depend on your screen size, but try a few and you're bound to find the correct one.

Specs:
    MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
    1. Open the System Preferences (either from the Dock or from the Apple menu).
    2. Open the Displays Panel and choose the Display tab.
    3. On the left of the Displays tab you can select one of the Resolutions from the list. 4. Quit or close the System Preferences when done.

Cross-posting is a no-no I'm afraid, it just clutters things up for everyone.

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    Sounds like he hit the key combo that turns on either Zoom or the High Contrast thing. Open system Preferences and look for Universal Access. Go in there and turn off what your cat turned on. Make a note of the Key combo also, as you can turn it off from the keyboard next time!!

Either that or he bumped down the resolution. Did not see the other thread till I posted this.

I have cats and understand.

Like Pulse-8 said, only post your question in one area on the Forums. Thanks.

Specs:
    Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
    Mods note: threads merged - please don't cross post.

Specs:
    ibook 1.33ghz, 60gig hd, 1024ram
    maybe the screen is zoomed in as stated above. You can try option,control,- to zoom out.

edit: option, command, -
    2.0ghz Aluminum Macbook
    30gb video ipod

Specs:
    MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
    I think maybe his problem is he cant see the screen clearly enough to see menus to change settings. I imagine the last post will help.

canadian_eh
    I'm pretty sure the default hot key that zooms out is command alt -
    Your cat must have hit command alt =, which zooms in.

sursuciofla
    Ha, that's just too funny. I guess he loves Tiger.

Thread Information