New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - difference between 1.83 ghz and 2.00 ghz??

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

p2592b

p2592b is on a distinguished road

Hi i am going to purchase a macbook with the 60 gig hd 512 ram and i am wondering if there is a big difference is speed between the 1.83 Ghz nd the 2.00 Ghz processor and also sould i just use any hd with a mac as an external hd?? thakn you
QUOTE Thanks
ByzantineRemnant

ByzantineRemnant will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4

What do you plan on doing with your MacBook? You can get many firewire or usb 2.0 external Hard Drives for your MacBook.
QUOTE Thanks
p2592b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenredfield
What do you plan on doing with your MacBook? You can get many firewire or usb 2.0 external Hard Drives for your MacBook.
Ok thank you i am planing on doing some pshop internet surfing copying cds some gaming here and there pwrpoint excel word and im a newbie to macs but i dont see any mac games on like bestbuy nd newegg can i just use pc games if not where do i buy trhem from
QUOTE Thanks
ByzantineRemnant

You need to buy Mac specific games, try Amazon. If you are on a budget, I would suggest getting the 1.83ghz and upgrading the RAM. If you have a little extra, I would reccommend getting the 2ghz with the DVD burner. Its more powerful, and I made the mistake of not getting a DVD burner with my first Mac. I think you will be happy with either one, yet will want atleast 1gig of RAM for Photoshop.
QUOTE Thanks
p2592b

thank you also are most of the windows program out for macs like nero vlc medis player aim and how bout bittorennt things can u get them for macs?
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Sure.

Nero = Toast
vlc = vlc
media player - hundreds..
aim = aim/iChat/adiumX
bittorrent=bittorrent
QUOTE Thanks
AnatomyOfARyan

AnatomyOfARyan is a jewel in the roughAnatomyOfARyan is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15" 2.2GHz MBP w/ 2GB of ram and 320 GB HD, 4GB iPhone, 60GB iPod

if you are buying a macbook, you also have the option of putting windows XP via bootcamp on it. i have XP on my macbook, and although I hardly use it, its there for certain programs/games if need be. good luck.
QUOTE Thanks
Roo

Roo will become famous soon enough

There's also a dictionary built in, which you might find to be quite useful.

QUOTE Thanks
digital john

digital john has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 20" iMac G5, 4G 40gb, G4 iBook

...... .17

QUOTE Thanks
pbook24

i find a significant difference between my sisters stock whitebook and my blackbook. i just upgraded my ram, so it is much faster, but even before it was a big difference. may not be the processor though
QUOTE Thanks
sursuciofla

And the debate continues, white or black?
QUOTE Thanks
sursuciofla

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2592b
Hi i am going to purchase a macbook with the 60 gig hd 512 ram and i am wondering if there is a big difference is speed between the 1.83 Ghz nd the 2.00 Ghz processor and also sould i just use any hd with a mac as an external hd?? thakn you
It isn't necessarily processor speed that makes a computer faster. How fast your hdd is another factor. 0.17 jump in processor speed is not significant at all so there is really no noticeable difference. Get the faster hdd is what I would tell you. And yeah any external will work as far as I know.
QUOTE Thanks
DV'sG4

Blackbook!!! I just wish it was made out of the aluminum like the new black nano (=
QUOTE Thanks
ByzantineRemnant

I chose White...
QUOTE Thanks
Rambaud

Rambaud is on a distinguished road

I went for the cheapest spec, as I wanted to add more RAM and a bigger/faster hard drive later. I am not bothered about a DVD burner, as I have an external one.

I bought 2 Gb of RAM for ~ 90.00 (big increase in price over past week or so), and a 300Gb external hard drive.

Might go for a bigger internal hard drive next month, if wallet has recovered. :spook:
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« What do most of you use your expresscard slots for? | Macbook to TV »