Help?! Ram Question. Is this brand ok?! Opinions please.
    Specs:
    White MacBook, 2GHZ Intel Core Duo, 60GB HD, 2GB DDRAM
    Hey guys, I'm planning to buy a Macbook with 512 RAM stock, but I want to upgrade to atleast 2GB minimum. Can you guys help me check out if this RAM would fit? And if it does, would it work well? People are saying that Crucials Ram's work best.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2GB-DDR2-RAM-MEM...QQcmdZViewItem

or.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/2GB-DDR2-OPTIVAL...QQcmdZViewItem

or.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/2GB-Kit-RAM-Memo...QQcmdZViewItem

or.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/2GB-APPLE-MACBOO...QQcmdZViewItem

Theres not even a brand name on this ! lol but it got a lifetime warranty xD
    So should I buy or no buy?

I'm looking for a cheap way to upgrade to the 2GB RAM. if i shouldn't get it from that ebay auction, does anyone know any deals going on right now for some cheap ram ? thanks. appreciate it. Im buying on spot the minute i see a good deal.

Buying ram from eBay, especially from someone you can't verify that the memory actually came from their mac, is a bad idea....of course someone would have bought ram with no hassles but I wouldn't buy ram from eBay, MHO.

pbook24
    why buy n-name ram from ebay when you can get quality ram cheaper(g.skill on newegg is 100 bucks a stick for 1 gig) on newegg.

CWMac
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulse-8
    Buying ram from eBay, especially from someone you can't verify that the memory actually came from their mac, is a bad idea....of course someone would have bought ram with no hassles but I wouldn't buy ram from eBay, MHO.

One shouldnt automatically assume these days that every seller on eBay is selling 2nd hand. A LOT of shops and stores have internet presences on eBay nowadays . They often sell the same gear slightly cheaper on the net than they do with their bricks and mortar shop

Of course if its 2nd hand its asking for trouble since you never know if its Mr Static thats selling you it etc

In this case i dont see the problem tbh.Hes got 99.3% feedback which with over 5k feedback aint bad at all.Hes also offering 7 day returns. As i said just cause its ebay doesnt make it automatically crap.Not all brick and mortar shops handle their gear that well either :p

Specs:
    White MacBook, 2GHZ Intel Core Duo, 60GB HD, 2GB DDRAM
    lol yeah trust me, i know how to deal with ebay. my first incident with ebay was in 1999 when I bought a PC that came with a fried mother board. i just don't know if i can rely on those Rams thats all...since their not known brands like 'crucial'... =[

Thread Information